UCD Geography is proud of our alumni who have gone on to use their degrees to shape our world. Their geography degree has informed their employment, civil society activities and activisms, and their everyday lives.
UCD Geography welcomes alumni back in various forms throughout the year. In February 2021, we hosted a virtual panel with several recent masters graduates discussing the skillsets and knowledge gained from their time with the School and demonstrating the diversity of career opportunities available to Geography graduates. A video of the highlights from that discussion is available here.
We also showcase some of our recent graduates and longstanding alumni and their fantastic achievements on this page. Read about:
- Katherine Burton, an MSc Geospatial Data Analysis graduate from 2019, now working at Ersi Ireland.
- David Lee, a MSc Urban Environment specialisation graduate from 2017, who now works at the InterIm CDA Wilderness Inner-city Leadership Development Program in Washington state.
- Celia Hallan, a MA Geography graduate from 2019, who works as a developer at EDP Renewables.
- Jonathan Kelly, a MSc graduate from 2017, who works in Deloitte Ireland’s Consulting Graduate Programme
- Marcus Casey, a BA Geography graduate from 2014.
Summer 2021 marked the first year that we published an Alumni Newsletter! We sent it to reach out and let our Alumni know what we have been getting up to. Did you miss it or are interested it getting to know more? Don't worry, it is still available here.
Get in touch and tell us what you are up to and how you are using your Geography degree to shape the future. Check out the UCD Alumni to find out more.