UCD Sutherland School of Law Masters Degrees
UCD Sutherland School of Law offers a wide range of graduate degrees including Taught Masters, Research Masters, and Doctorates. In addition to six LLM programmes, we offer four Masters degrees which are suitable for graduates in disciplines other than law:
- The Masters in Common Law is a conversion qualification for those who have completed an undergraduate degree in a subject area other than law and wish to attain a qualification to pursue a legal career.
- The MSc in Criminology & Criminal Justice and MSc in Environmental & Climate Law are both suitable for graduates from disciplines other than law who have an interest in pursuing further study in these areas.
- The MSc in International Law and Business is suitable for graduates from business, economics and finance degrees in addition to law graduates.
- The six LLMs for law graduates who wish to deepen their knowledge in a specific area of law include the LLM General, LLM Intellectual Property & Information Technology, LLM International Commercial Law, LLM International Human Rights, LLM European Law & Public Affairs and LLM Criminology & Criminal Justice.
Scroll down this page for brochures for each of our ten Taught Masters programmes.
On our YouTube Channel you will find a series of webinars relating to graduate study including this webinar featuring three graduates speaking about the Masters in Common Law, LLM in Criminology & Criminal Justice and LLM in Intellectual Property & Information Technology. For an insight into the MSc in Criminology and Criminal Justice this video from graduate, Ciara Molloy gives a very good overiew of the programme.
Programme start dates: January and September.
This exciting new MSc in Environmental & Climate Law is suitable for law and non-law graduates. It is designed to equip graduates to work in the fields of climate and environmental law/policy, internationally or in Ireland, as a practising lawyer, legal adviser, policy maker, advocate, researcher, consultant or academic.
- View 'Drop-in Webinar 28/7/22
- Click here for brochure
- View Video Presentation
- More Details & Apply here
LLM by Research:
As an alternative to a Taught Masters, students may wish to enrol instead for an LLM by Research. This option offers the possibility of obtaining an LLM in a specific area of law under the expert supervision of one of the faculty of the Sutherland School of Law. The School has the largest group of academic lawyers in Ireland and leading researchers of high international standing across many of the main fields of law including European Union law, commercial law, criminology, criminal justice and criminal law, regulatory studies, constitutional law and governance, human rights, administrative law, employment law, environmental law, intellectual property law, WTO law, legal history, agricultural law and private law. Further details are available hereor by contacting Niamh McCabe at: +353-1-716 4111 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every year there are up to nine students funded by scholarships/bursaries to study Masters programme in UCD Sutherland School of Law. The closing date to apply is 31st May, all who apply prior to that date are eligible to be included. In addition to School and University scholarships, we are grateful to the following donors who fund three of these generous scholarships: the families of Doreen FitzGerald Caprani, James Healy and Mr Justice Brian Walsh. See more information here.
UCD Global also offers a series of scholarships to international students - details here.
LAW GRADUATE TAUGHT MASTERS DEGREES
Click on each icon below for further details of the particular programme and how you can apply. A brochure for each programme can also be downloaded from the links below each icon.