How to Apply
Please be aware that UTMREC-SM are no longer involved in matters of insurance. Researchers should now complete a mandatory self-assessment via the SIRC office at the following link: https://www.ucd.ie/sirc/insurance/humanresearchinsurance/.
Where the PI has no ethical approval for the research project which may, or may not, also involve collection of personal data.
- If there is no ethical issue with the research and there is no personal data being collected/reviewed, the PI & student will apply for Exemption from Full Ethical Review (Using the form: UTMREC-SM HR3 Low Risks Project Review Form_Jun22), OR
- If ethical issue(s) are identified and/or personal data will be collected/reviewed, then PI & student will apply for Full Ethical Review (Using forms: UTMREC-SM HR1 Application Form and UTMREC-SM HR2 Support Template).
- Please e-mail completed forms / supporting documentation to here
PI has ethical approval already in place prior to selecting student to join the research project.
- Student joins research project and, with PI, applies for Exemption from Full Ethical Review (Using the form: UTMREC-SM HR3 Low Risks Project Review Form_Jun22).
- Template letter sent to PI, for the PI to forward to her/his original REC. This informs the original REC that the student has joined the research project.
- Please e-mail completed forms to here