- Our School
- Featured Programmes
- School Office
- School Office Contacts
- Staff Profiles - Academic Staff
- Healthy UCD
- Student Adviser
- EDI (Equality Diversity & Inclusion)
- School Safety and Health Management
- Rankings and Accreditations
- Summer School
In the spirit of UCD’s commitment to providing an inclusive work environment for faculty, staff and students of the university, the School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Sports Science welcomes all members of our School’s community whatever their gender or orientation. There are a number networks and supports available across the university that may be of interest to our School’s LGBTQ+ community (https://www.ucd.ie/equality/support/lgbtisupports/).
UCD LGBTQ+ Student Society
The UCD LGBTQ+ Student Society provides a network for students who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender. They recognize that adjusting to college life can be difficult for any student, but when a student is also struggling with accepting or disclosing their sexual or gender identity, college can become more complicated and challenging. Many students in the LGBTQ+ society know, and understand, how this feels and so can offer help, advice, and support.
LGBTI Staff Network.
The LGBTI staff network offers an opportunity for staff who are new or long established in UCD to connect with UCD’s LGBTI Community. The LGBTI staff network offers professional and leadership development opportunities, hosts regular social and LGBTI focused UCD events and offers support. UCD’s LGBTI Staff network also partners with the student LGBTIQ society for events and community endeavours to enhance our UCD community as well as the larger national LGBTI community.
For more information or to contact the LGBTI Staff Network, click the link: UCD LGBTI Staff Network (Facebook)
Gender Identity and Expression
UCD recognizes that gender identity and expression is a positive, core part of being human and experiencing wellbeing and fulfilment. The Gender Identity and Expression Policy was developed following University-wide consultation and is underpinned by a number of associated policies and supports including:
Gender Identity and Expression Guidelines
Gender neutral facilities on Belfield campus
Transitioning - Student Records Flowchart PDF
- Professional Development and Thought Leadership. UCD was the first University globally to partner with INvolve. INvolve is an inclusion initiative for organisations and global businesses, working directly with LGBTI+, women, ethnicity and diversity and inclusion to promote inclusion and create environments where everyone can succeed. Find out more about INvolve and becoming a mentor or a mentee on this page: Professional Development - INvolve
- Transgender Equality Network Ireland (TENI) - http://www.teni.ie/
- LGBT Ireland offers information and resources for the LGBT+ community around the country. Visit http://www.lgbt.ie/
- InterTech Ireland is a network for the LGBTQ community working in the science/tech sector. They work to foster inclusion within the sector and beyond and to build a community where best practices can be shared, issues discussed and solutions proposed. They regularly run events aligned with LGBTQ community issues in the tech and in society.