Do I need to submit ID with my vetting form?
Yes, we are required to verify your identity. You can attach certified copies when submitting your form.
What ID is acceptable?
You must provide us with certified copies of two forms of ID as follows:
(NB do not send original documents)
|Photo ID and Date of Birth, either of the following:
|A document showing your name and current address e.g.
Documents must have been issued within the last 6 months.
Who can certify copies?
Any of the following
- UCD - School/Programme Office or Student Desk (Due to the recent level 5 restrictions, for the next 6 weeks the Student Desk team and the Programme Offices can no longer offer face to face appointments. They will resume these appointments as soon as it is safe to do so)
If you are not on campus any of the following can certify your documents:
- A Garda Siochána/ Police Officer
- Practising Chartered and Certified Public Accountants
- Notaries Public/Practising Solicitors
- Embassy/Consular Staff
- Regulated Financial or Credit Institute
- Justice of the Peace
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Medical doctor
What other information is available?
- Full regulations are included in the UCD Student Garda Vetting Policy.
- You may also find the Garda Vetting Section of the Frequently Asked Questions page useful
- National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016
- Information about "spent" convictions
- Self-disclosed criminal records
- GDPR Data Processing information
Note some courses also require Health Screening.
Full regulations are included in the Garda Vetting Policy.