Do I need to submit ID with my vetting form?
Yes, we are required to verify your identity. You can attach certified copies when submitting your form.
What ID is acceptable?
You must provide us with certified copies of two forms of ID as follows:
(NB do not send original documents)
|Photo ID and Date of Birth, either of the following:
|A document showing your name and current address e.g.
Documents must have been issued within the last 6 months.
Who can certify copies?
Any of the following
- A Garda Siochána/ Police Officer
- UCD Student Desk or School/Programme Office
- Practising Chartered and Certified Public Accountants
- Notaries Public/Practising Solicitors
- Embassy/Consular Staff
- Regulated Financial or Credit Institute
- Justice of the Peace
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Medical doctor
What other information is available?
- Full regulations are included in the UCD Student Garda Vetting Policy.
- You may also find the Garda Vetting Section of the Frequently Asked Questions page useful
- National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016
- Information about "spent" convictions
- Self-disclosed criminal records
- GDPR Data Processing information
Note some courses also require Health Screening.