There are a number of different applilation mechanisms for UCD:
The Central Applications Office (CAO)
UCD Registry - Admissions is responsible for assessing applications and allocating places to meet the agreed quotas which are supplied to admissions by 1 March prior to entry.
Direct application via UCD Applications
The following applicants apply direct to UCD via UCD Applications.
- Graduate Taught applicants with the exception of those listed below
- Graduate Research (but not for all programmes)
- Applicants for certificates and diplomas
- International (non-EU students) for undergraduate programmes
- Exchange students (e.g. Erasmus)
- Post stage 1 undergraduate transfer applicants
UCD Registry - Admissions' role in this is managing the application system. Decisions are made by programme areas or by UCD Global
Please see details of the roles and responsibilities in this process.
- to undergraduate degrees apply via CAO for stage 1 (NB must declare previous third level) or direct to UCD for post stage 1.
- Postgraduate transfer applicants apply direct to UCD in the normal way and may apply for recognition of prior learning.
Applications for the
- Professional Master's in Education and the
- Gradudate Diploma in Nursing (Public Health)
must be made through the Postgraduate Application Centre (PAC).
We also accept applications for some programmes via SpringBoard.