UCD Policies and Guides
- Research Integrity Policy
- Procedures for the Investigation of Misconduct in Research
- UCD Protected Disclosure Policy
- UCD Authorship Policy
- UCD Code of Responsible Conduct of Research
- UCD Research Data Management Policy
- UCD Library Guide on Academic Integrity
- Policy for Conflict Resolution for Supervisor(s) and Graduate Research Students
National and International Policies and Documents
- National Policy Statement on Ensuring Research Integrity in Ireland (2019)
- Framework to Enhance Research Integrity in Research Collaborations (2022)
- The European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity (2023)
- The Concordat to support Research Integrity (UK) (2019)
- Singapore Statement on Research Integrity (2010)
- Cape Town Statement on Fostering Research Integrity through Fairness and Equity (2022)
- NAIN Academic Integrity Guidelines (2023)
- What Researchers think about the culture they work in - Wellcome Trust Report (2020)
- Towards a Research Integrity Culture at Universities: From Recommendations to Implementation – LERU Report (2020)
Interactive Training Videos
- The Lab: Avoiding Research Misconduct - Interactive Movie on Research Misconduct (US ORI)
- The Research Clinic - Interactive training video (US ORI)
The UK Research Integrity Office (UKRIO) is an independent charity, offering support to the public, researchers and organisations to further good practice in academic, scientific and medical research. UCD is an associate member of UKRIO. Recordings of the UKRIO Webinars and Annual Conference presentations can be found on the UKRIO YouTube Channel.
SOPs4RI will deliver an online, freely accessible and easy-to-use ‘toolbox’ that can help RPOs and RFOs cultivate research integrity and reduce detrimental practice. SOPs4RI will establish an inventory of relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines that RPOs and RFOs can draw on when developing governance arrangements promoting strong research integrity cultures.
The goal of The Embassy of Good Science is to promote research integrity among all those involved in research, by providing thematic resources to stimulate discussion, Case Studies and teaching resources, as well as a comprehensive Training Guide. The Embassy aims to become a unique ‘go to’ place, a public square where the community of researchers can gather to discuss ‘hot topics’, share knowledge, and find guidance and support to perform science responsibly and with integrity.
This EU-funded project has developed a campaign around raising awareness and promoting a research integrity culture with diverse materials specifically tailored to secondary school students, graduates and undergraduates, researchers and doctoral students, as well as organisations.
This EU-funded project has developed a number of free online courses aimed at early stage researchers, on data, Responsible Conduct of Research, and authorship. In addition, the resources are being trialled with school students.