Latest and upcoming other Events
- Szelewa Jan 2022 Conference on the Future of Europe: Citizens in the Spotlight
- Byrne Spring 2021 ‘Experiences of 'home' in the Irish private rental sector during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Koppe Oct 2021 PhD student 8th EMES International Research Conference on Social Enterprise
- Mooney Oct 2021 Disclosure of Sexual Abuse: encouragement, facilitation, and support
- Kodate Oct 2021 The Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) Annual Meeting (6-9 October 2021), Toronto, Canada
- Kodate Oct 2021 European Geriatric Medicine Society, Athens Oct 2021
- Kodate Oct 2021 Talk and Screening of Documentary Circuits of Care
- Swaine Apr 2021 Humanitarianism and Human Rights A World of Differences?
- Phd seminar Sept 2021 Tara Mc Guinness webinar
- Norris Oct 2021 Report Launch Effective policies for affordable housing in the UNECE regio
- Kodate Oct 2021 Journeys to Japan
- Moran 2021 PSAI Chiara Valsangiacomo
- Ernesto Oct 2021 Terrio webinar
- Moran Oct 2021 Ruben Flores Seminar
- Kodate Oct 2021 Saving Muslim Women webinar
- Koeppe Oct 2021 MPP Rana Jawad
- Fanning Oct 2021 ThreeRoadstoWelfare
- Keenan Nov 2021 SERP RuthBreslin Confronting the Harm report
- Barry Oct 2021 UB addresses EU Parliament
- Byrne Dec 2021 Financialisation seminar
- Kodate Nov 2021 Kiri Paramore seminar
- Kodate Nov 2021 Dr Pranav Kohli seminar
- Kodate Nov 2021 Prof Nathan W Hill
- Moran Nov 2021 ESC seminar on Rentier Capitalism
- Moran Nov 2021 Sergi Morales-Gálvez seminar
- Donnelly Campbell Oct 2021 INORP Erasmus Plus UCDintensive prog
- Ernesto Dec 2021 Symposium webinar
- Kelly Oct 2021 Inequality Emissions and Sustainable Human Wellbeing
- McAuliffe Decade of Centenaries Dept of Justice event
- Kelly Dec 2021 UCD In Conversation Series
- Kodate Dec 2021 INNOVCARE Project 1st Annual Forum Care-led innovation: The case of eldercare in France and Japan
- Kodate Dec 2021 Artificial Intelligence
- Swaine Jan 2022 CatherineORourke Webinar
- Kodate Jan 2022 18th HISF Workshop ‘Let’s think about human-robot interactions in society’
- Kodate Jan 2022 Capitalisms, Technologies, Society and Health - A Euroasian project
- Kodate Feb 2022 Symposium "Robotic Systems for Care" (BeBeRobot: Evaluation Criteria for the Use of Robotic Systems in Care, BMBF, 2019-2021)
- Swaine Apr 12 2022 Seminar with Catherine Turner & Aisling Swaine
- Swaine Apr 7 2022 Seminar with R Govinda UoE
- Kodate Feb 3 webinar event with partnership with SMBC Aviation Capital
- Kodate Feb 2022 ScandIre seminar 1 of 3
- Kodate Mar 2022 Suzuki
- Moran Mar 8 IWD Alison Phipps webinar
- McAuliffe FEB2022 Anglo irish Treaty and the split symposium
- MNIR Maglajlic
- AislingSwaine May26 UCD&DSAI
- MNIR June 27 2022
5 Feb. 2022 Webinar: Cumann na mBan, the Anglo-Irish Treaty and the Split, 1922; A symposium, Organised by: Dr Mary McAuliffe, in association with the Women's Histiory Association of Ireland (WHAI) and UCD Centre for Gender Feminisms and Sexualities (CGFS)
8 Feb. 2022, 17.30-19.30, 'Nordic Welfare: The Bumblebee Still Flies' Speakers: Prof. Bent Greve, University of Roskilde (Denmark); Lesley Riddoch, journalist, author and founder of Nordic Horizons (Scotland) & Gary Gannon TD, Social Democrats Spokesperson for Social Protection (Ireland) Venue: Old Physics Theatre, MoLi – Museum of Literature Ireland, UCD Naughton Joyce Centre, 86 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2, Organiser: Dr. Stephan Köppe, UCD School of Social Policy, Social Work and Social Justice.
10 Feb. 2022, 9:00 - 13:45 (Germany) | 8:00 – 12:45 (Ireland), Webinar Symposium "Robotic Systems for Care" (BeBeRobot: Evaluation Criteria for the Use of Robotic Systems in Care, BMBF, 2019-2021), Keynote speaker: Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate - "Person-centered, robotics-aided care system - robots in caring communities in the Japanese context", organised by Universität Siegen, Germany
10 Feb. 2022, 13:00 - 14:00 (Ireland) UCD Centre for Japanese Studies presents the 1st of 3 seminars, in partnership with SMBC Aviation Capital in February, 'What we do in SMBC Aviation Capital Communications, and its commitment to Environment and Sustainability', Speakers Orla Benson and Brian McArdle, SMBC, organised by Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate
17 Feb. 17, 13:00 - 14:00 (Ireland) UCD Centre for Japanese Studies presents the 2nd of 3 seminars, in partnership with SMBC Aviation Capital in February, 'Learning from working and living in Japan/Ireland & intercultural communications in business', Speakers Niall Barrett and Breifne Ryan, SMBC, organised by Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate
24 Feb. 2022, 13:00 - 14:00 (Ireland) UCD Centre for Japanese Studies presents the 3rd of 3 seminars, in partnership with SMBC Aviation Capital in February, 'Interdisciplinarity: both engineering and business - Intercultural communications: the multinational environment, Speaker Tom Tanaka, SMBC, organised by Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate
18 Jan. 2022, 9:00 - 11:00 (France) | 8:00 – 10:00 (Ireland), 4th Webinar -Capitalisms, Technologies, Society and Health - A Euroasian project, Speakers: Prof. Sébastien Lechevalier (EHESS-CCJ-FFJ) - "An Asian – European perspective on Social system of innovation and diversity of capitalism. Why does it matter for health?"; Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate - "The Role of Incident Reporting Systems for Improving Patient Safety in Japanese Hospitals: A Comparative Perspective", Organised by: Fondation France-Japon de l'EHESS, France
12th Jan. 2022, 17:00 – 18:30 (GMT), Webinar with speakers Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate with Prof. David Prendergast (Maynooth University) 'Can robotics-aided care be person-centred? Talk & Film Screening 'Circuits of Care: Ageing and Japan's Robot Revolution’ Organised by: SOAS, University of London
8th Jan. 2022, 18:00 – 19:30 (JST), 18th HISF Workshop by Webinar ‘Let’s think about human-robot interactions in society’ Speaker: Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate, Organised by: Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
18th Dec 2021, 13:30-14:30 (US EST) ) | 3:30 – 4:30 (JST), 1st Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things for Digital Health (AIIOT4DH) with Speaker Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate organised by University of Calabria, Italy / IEEE SMC, etc.
6th Dec 2021, 10:55 - 11:40 (France) | 18:55 – 19:40 (Japan) Webinar with Speaker Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate 'Care-led innovation: The case of eldercare in France and Japan' INNOVCARE Project 1st Annual Forum
10th Dec 2021 - 10am to 1pm, Symposium showcasing a number approaches in embedding principles and practices of Social Justice within teaching and learning, Location: UCD Health Sciences Centre, Belfield, Dublin 4.
9th Dec 2021, Asst. Prof. Orla Kelly 'Achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals' as part of the UCD In Conversation series organized by the UCD Alumni Relations office in conjunction with the UCD Earth Institute.
26th Nov 2021 at 3pm, Webinar 'Linguistic Domination: A Republican Approach to Linguistic Justice' with Sergi Morales-Gálvez, Depart. of Politics and Public Administration, University of Limerick, organised by Dr Marie Moran. Director of the UCD Equality Studies Centre and co-convenor of the PSAI series
24th Nov 2021 at 1pm, Webinar ' Decade of Centenaries Programme - Forbidden Love: Same-sex relationships in early 20th century Ireland', involving Asst. Prof. Mary McAuliffe in panel discussion with Dr. Averill Earls, historian, writer and Assistant Professor at Mercyhurst University, Pennslyvania
16th Nov 2021, 2.30 to 4pm. Online Launch of SERP report Confronting the Harm: Documenting the prostitution experiences and impacts on health and wellbeing of women accessing the Health Service Executive Women’s Health Service.
11th Nov 2021, Seminar with speaker Prof. Kiri Paramore (Professor of Asian Studies, University College Cork) 'Imagining Globality: a comparative analysis of the significance of “liberal internationalism” as a political concept in modern Japan & China', organised by Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate.
5th Nov 2021 at 6pm, Webinar 'The Chinese state's approach to the national question in the 20th century' with Prof Nathan W. Hill, Sam Lam Professor in Chinese Studies, Trinity College Dubin, organised by Dr Naonori Kodate on behalf of the UCD Asia Pacific Research Network
27th Oct 2021, 6pm Book launch UCD Campus Bookshop in accordance with Covid safety guidelines Professor Brian Fanning (2021) Three Roads to the Welfare State: Liberalism, Soc. Democracy and Christian Democracy - Policy Press
Oct 26th - 30th 2021, Erasmus+ INORP hosts Intensive Programme at University College Dublin for 40 academics and students from Finland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Belgium and Ireland with a focus on approaches to service user participation in social work
Oct. 19th & 22nd 2021: Talk & Screening of Documentary Film “Circuits of Care: Ageing and Japan’s Robot Revolution” organised by Assoc. Prof. Nao Kodate; Maynooth University Research Week, 19 October 2021 & University College Cork – Irish Institute of Japanese Studies Seminar Series , 22 October 2021.
Oct 14th 2021: Dr Naonori Kodate, on behalf of the UCD Centre for Japanese Studies, organised a webinar entitled 'Journeys to Japan: from Culture to Technology' with speaker Dr Denisa Butnau, Universität Konstanz, Germany
Oct 14th 2021: Dr Ernesto Vasquez del Aguila, UCD School of Social Policy, Social Work and Social Justice with UCD School of Nursing, Midwifery & Health System & Support of the Global Engagement Seed Fund 2020 organised a webinar ' The Mouth of the Shark: Central American Mothers Seeking Refuge and Hope in the USA' with speaker Professor Susan Terrio, Georgetown University, Washington, USAOct 14 Ernesto Terrio webinar
Oct. 11-13th 2021: Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate is presenting a poster ‘When the COVID-19 pandemic hit nursing homes in Japan: proactive strategies for community infections and organizational resilience’ at The European Geriatric Medicine Society Congress, Athens, Greece
Oct. 8th, 2021: One day virtual conference - Disclosure of Sexual Abuse: encouragement, facilitation, and support - organised by Asst. Prof. Joe Mooney and funded by the Irish Research Council and UCD Seed Funding
Oct. 8th, 2021: Assoc. Prof. Naonori Kodate is presenting ‘Incident-Reporting Systems to Improving Patient Safety in Japanese Hospitals’ at the Annual Meeting on Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada
Oct 7th, 2021: Dr Naonori Kodate, on behalf of UCD Centre for Japanese Studies & PSU Centre for Japanese Studies, organised a webinar on the topic of 'Digital disruption, political pressure and new opportunities' with speaker Mr Bill Emmott, former Editor in Chief of The Economist & Chair of the Japan Society of the UK.
Oct 8th, 2021: PhD Student Ali Bakir Hamoudi with supervisors Stephan Köppe & Nessa Winstron presented a paper ‘Civil society organisations’ accountability patterns in Iraq: Why are some CSOs more responsive to the demands of the poor?’ 8th EMES International Research Conference on Social Enterprise
Sept 24th, 2021: Webinar entitled 'The Ungovernability Objection Against Liquid Democracy' with speaker Chiara Valsangiacomo organised by Dr Marie Moran, Director of ESC and co-convenor of the PSAI seminar series
April 2021: Asst. Prof. Mick Byrne presented ‘Experiences of 'home' in the Irish private rental sector: a qualitative research study of the experiences of tenants during the COVID-19 pandemic’ as par of the Focus Ireland Seminar Series.
April 2021: Prof. Aisling Swaine joined with co-authors in Webinar to discuss debates within their book (2020) Humanitarianism and Human Rights: A World of Differences, Edited by Michael M. Barnett, Published by Cambridge university press.