Commonly Asked Questions for Prospective Undergraduates

Please note that the School is not involved in the admissions process of Undergraduate students, including CAO applicants, mature students, international applicants or transfer students

The UCD Undergraduate Prospectus is available online.

Q. I am a CAO student and would like to study Politics at UCD. What’s the entry requirement?

A.  Politics & International Relations can be taken as part of a BSc (DN700), a BA (DN520), or a Law with Politics degree (DN600). This page explains the details of each degree. Please see here for the entry requirement for each course.

Q. I am an applicant from outside of Ireland.  What’s the entry requirement?

A. EU and EEA entry requirements (other than Irish Leaving Certificate) and Non-EU entry requirements.

Q.I finished my first year in an XYZ university.  Is it possible to transfer to UCD?

A. Please see the Transfer Applications page.

Q. What fees am I eligible for?

A. Fees: Tuition fees will not be charged to students from EU and EEA countries. See here for all fees related queries. 

Q. I am from a non-EU country. How much would I have to pay and how can I pay?

A. Please see the Non-EU Undergraduate Fees 2017 page and the How to Pay page

Q. How can I apply for on-campus accommodations?

A. Please visit the UCD Residences page.