University Access Courses
UCD University Access Courses
Have you been thinking of coming to university to study for a degree? University access courses help make wishful thinking a reality.
Access courses are one year long, part-time courses designed to prepare adults, who may not have formal qualifications, for successful study at university. These are Special Purpose Awards (Level 6) which equip mature students with the skills and confidence required to take the next step to selected degree courses at UCD.
We offer Access to Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences and Law (AHSSL) and Access to Science, Engineering, Agricultural Science and Medicine (SEAM) courses, depending on the degree programme you are interested in pursuing.
Access courses are designed for you if:
- You do not meet existing entry requirements to university
- You already qualify for university but are not ready to commit just yet
Access courses aim to:
- Equip you with the skills you need to engage in a full-time degree
- Introduce you to the methods of study, writing and research required for successful participation in higher education
- Prepare you to compete for entry to third level and to make informed choices about further study
- Increase your self-confidence in your capacity to progress and participate in university
- Offer you the opportunity to experience the fulfillment that can be gained from learning in an academic setting