University Access Courses
UCD University Access Courses
Have you been thinking of coming to university to study for a degree? University access courses help make wishful thinking a reality.
Access courses are one year long, part-time courses designed to prepare adults, who may not have formal qualifications, for successful study at university. These are Special Purpose Awards ((opens in a new window)Level 6) which equip mature students with the skills and confidence required to take the next step to selected degree courses at UCD.
We offer Access to Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences and Law (AHSSL) and Access to Science, Engineering, Agricultural Science and Medicine (SEAM) courses, depending on the degree programme you are interested in pursuing. For further information and to apply please click on the course links above or access the UCD online application system.
If you would like to get more information on these courses (opens in a new window)please complete this Expression of Interest Form.
Access courses are designed for you if:
- You do not meet existing entry requirements to university
- You already qualify for university but are not ready to commit just yet
Access courses aim to:
- Equip you with the skills you need to engage in a full-time degree
- Introduce you to the methods of study, writing and research required for successful participation in higher education
- Prepare you to compete for entry to third level and to make informed choices about further study
- Increase your self-confidence in your capacity to progress and participate in university
- Offer you the opportunity to experience the fulfillment that can be gained from learning in an academic setting
- Access to Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences and Law | (AHSSL)
- Access to Science, Engineering, Agricultural Science and Medicine | (SEAM)
- Frequently Asked Questions
For further information about either of the Access courses please contact firstname.lastname@example.org