CNWY40180 Introduction to Core Research Skills
About the course
An introduction for graduate students beginning a laboratory-based research programme, covering core skills that can be directly applied to studies.
Credits ECTS 2.5
Dates 25th & 26th October 2023
Module co-ordinator Prof. Matthias Wilm
Registration OPEN Deadline: 14th October 2023
Places available 30 (approx)
The module comprises 15 hours of workshop & seminar-style sessions designed to encourage interaction and discussion between lecturers and students
Students are required to successfully carry out a series of exercises relevant to their own projects during the first year of their PhD programme, arising out of the techniques and skills imparted during the module sessions.
What does it cover?
- Essential practices for effective and efficient laboratory-based research
- Familiarisation with bibliographic and Internet tools
- Health and safety
- Ethics in biomedical research
These skills can be applied directly to laboratory based graduate programmes and are transferable to further graduate research, training or employment. They will equip you with essentials tools for a successful career in a knowledge economy.
- Download the CNWY40180 Introduction to Core Research Skills Schedule
- Download the Module Descriptor for CNWY40180 2023_2024
- Register via UCD Graduate Studies or with your School graduate administration office