IEHG/UCD Virtual Grand Rounds | VTE, 18 February 2022
Please Join us virtually for what promises to be a masterclass on VTE care in Ireland from some of our national and international experts in the field. It will involve interesting case discussion with interventional radiology involvement, discussion around the HSE KPI on Hospital acquired thrombosis, and the work that is being done to improve the quality of care and reduce morbidity and mortality in patients with VTE in Ireland.
Presentations and speakers include:
- Prof Karen Murphy, Consultant Haematologist, SVUH
- Ms Ann Marie O’Neill, Patient Founder and acting CEO of Thrombosis Ireland
- “Venous Thromboembolism: A Leading Cause of Death & Disability in Hospitaliszed Patients’ - Presented by Dr Barry Kevane, Consultant Haematologist, MMUH & IEHG
- “Acute Iliocaval Thrombosis: Pregnancy, Anticoagulation & Intervention” - Presented by Dr John Moriarty, Consultant Interventional Radiologist, MMUH
- Prof Fionnuala Ní Áinle, Consultant Haematologist, Director, Irish Network for VTE Research (INViTE), MMUH & Rotunda Hospital
The link for this webinar is available here (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87942734908).
This webinar was facilitated by the Pillar Centre, supporting Ireland’s next generation of educators, researchers and innovators.