Who needs a Police Certificate?
You must provide an original police cerificate if
- you require vetting and
- have lived outside Ireland for 6 months or more since the age of 18.
How do I get a Police Certificate?
You will need to contact the policing body in your own country for details but the following links may help:
- A-Z list of countries and how to get Police Certificates
- UK Police Certificates:
These links are for information only. UCD has no affiliation with or connection to any information on these websites.
Does it matter if my Police Certificate is not in English?
If your certificate is not in English you must provide a certified translation.
When should I request my Police Certificate?
As soon as possible. If you have applied for any programme which requires vetting you need to start the process now, as Police Certificates can take some time and, if your vetting isn't complete, it will delay your placement.
What other information is available?
- Full regulations are included in the UCD Student Garda Vetting Policy.
- You may also find the Garda Vetting Section of the Frequently Asked Questions page useful
- National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016
- Information about "spent" convictions
- Self-disclosed criminal records
- GDPR Data Processing information
Note some courses also require Health Screening.
Full regulations are included in the Garda Vetting Policy.