Explore UCD

UCD Home >

Police Certificates

Who needs a Police Certificate?

You must provide an original police cerificate if

  • you  require vetting   and
  • have lived outside Ireland for 6 months or more since the age of 18.

How do I get a Police Certificate?

You will need to contact the policing body in your own country for details but the following links may help:

These links are for information only. UCD has no affiliation with or connection to any information on these websites.

Does it matter if my Police Certificate is not in English?

If your certificate is not in English you must provide a certified translation.

When should I request my Police Certificate?

As soon as possible. If you have applied for   any programme which requires vetting   you need to start the process now, as Police Certificates can take some time and, if your vetting isn't complete, it will delay your placement.

What other information is available?

Full regulations are included in the   Student Garda Vetting Policy.
See also are   Relevant Offence Risk Assessment Policy which may apply even if you are not in a programme which requires vetting.

All offers of a place are subject to UCD's Terms and Conditions of Offer.
All students must comply with the (opens in a new window)general regulations of the university.

Please see also(opens in a new window) UCD's Fitness to Practise Policy and

Note some courses also require Health Screening.

Contact UCD Registry

University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.
T: +353 1 716 1555 | Location Map(opens in a new window)