Interdisciplinary expertise is fundamental to the research success in our School. Many of our Principal Investigators work in close collaboration with other groups and units in UCD to answer shared research questions.
Many of our Principal Investigators are housed within the UCD Conway Institute, an interdisciplinary research centre exploring fundamental mechanisms of chronic disease for novel diagnostic & therapeutic solutions. Researchers in the Conway Institute have access to the Conway Core Technologies the most comprehensive and advanced platform for the life sciences and biomedical research in Ireland.
Other Principal Investigators with their research teams are aligned with the UCD Earth Institute, providing research-driven solutions to some of the most pressing global environmental challenges.
- Renal Disease Research Group
- Sphere Research Group
- Ocular Pharmacology and Genetics Group
- Neurotherapeutics Research Group
- Cancer Biology and Therapeutics Lab
- UCD Biomedical Engineering Centre
- Diabetes Complications Research Centre
- UCD Earth Institute