Dublin Simon Community Care Package Appeal - Christmas 2017
- Inner City Helping Homeless Family Cinema Day
- Project Fun Direction Sports Blitz
- Health Awareness Checks
- Mount Merrion Seniors Friendship Club Visits
- The Trial Visual Art Installation
- Summer Party for the Homeless 2018
- Walk While You Can
- Christmas Movies & Moments 2017
- Collection in Aid of the Capuchin Day Centre
- UCD in the Community Information Session
- Dublin Simon Community Care Package Appeal - Christmas 2017
- Making Connections #GHGH Campaign
- UCD in the Community Volunteer Fair October 2017
Dublin Simon Care Package Appeal - Christmas 2017
In collaboration with Ringsend College transition year students as part of their Localise volunteering programme, UCD in the Community held a care package appeal for the rough sleepers of Dublin Simon Community in December 2017.
From the essential items we collected, we created care packages with the Transition Year students of Ringsend College for the Dublin Simon Rough Sleepers of Dublin 2 and 4, with the support of Dublin Simon's Rough Sleeper Team on 21 December 2017.
Essential items requested for the care packages included: toiletries, deodorant sets, toothbrush, toothpaste, socks, underwear, hairbrush/combs, small shampoo/shower gels, baby wipes, tissues, disposable razors, shaving gel, wallets, small radios with headphones, bags/backpacks, chocolates, hats/scarves/gloves, small torches, yoga mats, jumpers, hand sanitiser and perfume.
Novelty Christmas items and treats were also accepted, and they were given to the rough sleepers on Christmas Day.
The Care Package Appeal ran at various collection points across campus, for varying dates, from December 6-19.
We wish to extend our thanks to the following schools and locations for allowing us to place a donation box in their venues:
- Sutherland School of Law
- School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy
- School of Computer Science
- College of Social Sciences and Law (Newman)
- Poolside Cafe, Student Centre
- College of Engineering & Architecture (outside Programme Office)
- Tierney Building (behind Student Desk)
- An Cuas (Newman)
- O' Brien Centre for Science (East)
- Quinn School of Business
UCD in the Community wishes to extend it's sincere thanks to all UCD students and employees who contributed items to the appeal. Your generosity allowed us to create a record-breaking 200 care packages.
A very special thanks to Helena McCann (College of Social Sciences and Law) and Mollie Murphy (School of Computer Science), for their assistance and unwavering dedication to the appeal.