Making Connections #GHGH Campaign
- Inner City Helping Homeless Family Cinema Day
- Project Fun Direction Sports Blitz
- Health Awareness Checks
- Mount Merrion Seniors Friendship Club Visits
- The Trial Visual Art Installation
- Summer Party for the Homeless 2018
- Walk While You Can
- Christmas Movies & Moments 2017
- Collection in Aid of the Capuchin Day Centre
- UCD in the Community Information Session
- Dublin Simon Community Care Package Appeal - Christmas 2017
- Making Connections #GHGH Campaign
- UCD in the Community Volunteer Fair October 2017
Making Connections Give an Hour, Gain an Hour Campaign
Making Connections is a non-profit organisation working with Health Services and community groups since 2009, to alleviate loneliness and isolation in the community of Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown.
UCD in the Community were delighted to collaborate with Making Connections on their Give an Hour, Gain an Hour campaign in October 2017.
Over the October bank holiday weekend (October 27 - 30) when the clocks fell back, Making Connections challenged people to use that extra hour to celebrate the valuable contribution of older people.
Just one hour can help tackle stereotyping, isolation and loneliness – and inspire others to connect the generations. It’s fun and simple!