UCD has developed a Pre-Masters pathway enabling you to benefit from a preparatory course that enhances your English language skills, allowing you to adjust to a different learning culture and helps you to get used to a new way of life.
Pre-Masters PathwaysExpand all
Academic Entry Requirements
Successful completion of Bakalavar / Bachelor degree in a similar major with an overall GPA of 3.2/4.0 (minimum of 2.1 achieved), from a recognised university in Kazakhstan.
English Language Requirements
The minimum English Language Requirements in relation to International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) for a September start and 6.0 for a January start will generally be considered for entry.
For all proficiency tests the results must be less than 2 years old.
How to Apply?
Please contact email@example.com for information on programmes and how to apply.
Do I need a Visa?
Yes – Kazakh students require a study visa.
As there is currently no diplomatic mission for Ireland in Kazakhstan the Embassy of Ireland in Russia (Moscow) will provide you with the necessary information on applying for a visa to study in Ireland, should you have further queries in relation to your visa. Please also see Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service for further information.
Embassy of Ireland in Russia (Moscow)
The contact details are:
Embassy of Ireland
Grokholski Pereulok 5
Tel: + 7 495 937 5900
Fax: + 7 495 937 5902
Making a visa application
It is necessary for applicants to provide the following information when applying for a visa:
- Ensure passport is valid for 12 months
- Ensure valid passport number
- Date, place and mode of arrival in Ireland
- Provide evidence from UCD that you have been accepted on a full-time course of study
- Sponsorship letter of support / Letter from University indicating that the fees have been paid in full
- Sponsorship letter confirming stipend / Evidence of sufficient funds to cover living and other expenses for the proposed stay
- Recent passport photographs
- Visa application fee (non-refundable)
- Have private health insurance (Please see the UCD International Health Insurance webpage to find information on health insurance providers). Please note that private health insurance is not provided by UCD
- In some cases proof of English, such as an IELTS or TOEFL certificate is required
- Any other documents as requested by INIS or the Irish Embassy through which you are applying
- Make sure you keep copies of all documents submitted
Visa applications can take some months to process, so it is advisable to secure a place early at the University, in order to avoid disappointment. Unfortunately the University has no control or influence over visa issues but will advise where possible.
Schengen visa or UK D visa
Please note that a Schengen visa or UK D visa is not valid for travel to Ireland.
As there is currently no diplomatic mission for Kazakhstan in Ireland, please contact the Embassy of Kazakhstan, in the United Kingdom as detailed below for further queries:Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
33 Thurloe Square, London SW7 2SD
Tel: +44 20 7581 4646
Fax: +44 20 7584 84 81