UCD welcomes applications from Kazakh students to our undergraduate programmes. Find out about our courses, entry criteria to UCD undergraduate programmes, how to apply, what the visa requirements are, fees and who to contact for further information.
UCD offers over 70 undergraduate honours degree courses in the following areas of study. Click on the links below in your area of interest to find out more.
View courses by discipline
- Agriculture, Food & Nutrition
- Architecture, Planning and Urban Studies
- Business and Management
- Engineering and Technology
Practical InformationExpand all
Academic Entry Requirements
You will generally need one of the following to be considered for entry to Bachelor programmes:
(i) Successful completion of the Diploma of Completed Secondary Education (Oрта білім туралы аттестат) + 1 or 2 years at a recognised university.
(ii) Nazarbayev Intellectual School Grade 12 Certificate
English Language Requirements
Teaching in Irish Universities is normally through the medium of English, therefore all applicants are required to demonstrate a high level of competence in English language. Applicants must provide evidence of equivalent competence in English language through a recognised English language test, as outlined below.
- Your English language certificate must be no more than two years old at the beginning of your degree course.
- Other evidence of proficiency in English may be accepted. For further advice please contact UCD International Admissions (email@example.com) to check if we will accept it. When enquiring, please inform the Admissions Office of: the name, level and date of the qualification; the country in which it was taken; and the scores you obtained. If possible, please send a scanned copy of the certificate and transcripts (if available) showing as much as possible of the information above.
UCD recognise the appropriate minimum score in the following recognised English Language Examinations:
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by Princeton University
- A minimum score of 600 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), with Test of Written English at 475 +.
- In the computer based TOEFL, a minimum score of 250 is required.
- A minimum score of 90, with no section less than 20, is required in the Internet based TOEFL (iBT).
Some courses require a higher level of English language competency. Please check with the relevant UCD School.
International students who do not meet direct entry requirements for an undergraduate degree have the opportunity to apply for the International Foundation Year programme at the University College Dublin International Study Centre.
This pathway programme is specifically designed for international students who need additional study before starting a course at UCD. Upon successful completion, students can progress to undergraduate degree level study at the University College Dublin.
Depending on the degree you want to access, you can choose from two routes:
- International Foundation Year in Business, Economics and Social Studies
- International Foundation Year in Engineering and Sciences
You can apply directly to the University College Dublin International Study Centre using the online application form.
To apply for an undergraduate programme please consult your local approved educational agent (see agent details below). Applications made through recognised educational agents will not incur an application fee. Your counsellor will advise you and help you fill out the form. This will then be returned to UCD International and processed quickly.
You can also apply directly using the online application system.
Undergraduate applicants are required to apply before the 1st July.
Please note that applications are accepted from October of the previous year of study and candidates will usually be notified of the status of their application within 4 weeks of application.
Waiting for your results from the High School examinations?
In certain cases a ‘conditional offer’ may be made while you are waiting on your final results. You would need to submit a copy of all of your academic transcripts to date in order to be considered for a conditional offer without a final grade.
Please see Visa and Immigration Information for detailed information.
Tuition fees are based on the course of studies chosen. Full information on fees for specific programmes can be found on the UCD Fees page.
UCD is proudly recognised by the Kazakhstan Bolashak Scholarship Scheme with many Bolashak scholars choosing to study at UCD each year. For information on applying to the Bolashak Scholarship scheme, please see the Bolashak website.
For information on UCD International Scholarships, please refer to the UCD Scholarships and Awards website.
We regularly visit Kazakhstan to attend education fairs. Come along and meet us, and we'll be happy to discuss any questions you have about living and studying in Dublin.
For details of upcoming visits, see our meet us page.
UCD International works closely with a number of education representatives (also known as agents or counsellors) around the world, who can help you find out more information about our university, our programmes and entry requirements, as well as provide guidance on the application process. These agents have the most up-to-date information on the admission process, availability of scholarships as well as visa application. Please see list of agents available to you in your country:
188 Dzhambul Str.
# 41, (Auezov Str.),
Contact: Marina Khan
Globus Education Agency
126 Nauryzbai batyr str.
# 2, Almaty,
Contact: Daulet Asilbekov