- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Inclusion
- NUI Honorary Conferring of Mohamad Al-Rubeai
- MacElroy Energy Research Bursary 2022
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Diversity
- Prof Niall English receives ERC Advanced Grant to optimise nanobubble technology for diverse end applications
- SCBE Seminar Day
- SCBE Christmas Party
- Best oral presentation at the special edition of Euromembrane2022
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Equality
- Unprecedented success for UCD in ERC Advanced Grant 2021 competition
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Unconscious Bias
- UCD Engineers Among NovaUCD’s 2022 Innovation Awardees
- The first annual SCBE Seminar Day
- Serendipity Swings Doors of Opportunity Open Wide for Nanobubble Generator Developers
- Gas Hydrates – a Potential New Fuel Source or a Cause of Mass Extinctions
- Springer publishes book to mark retirement of Emeritus Professor Mohamed Al-Rubeai
- 2020 News Archive
- 2019 News Archive
- 2018 News Archive
- 2017 News Archive
- 2016 News Archive
Celebrating 60 Years of UCD Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering
Thursday, 24 November, 2016
On Friday November 18, 400 UCD graduates and friends returned to the O'Reilly Hall, to celebrate 60 years of UCD Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering. The UCD School of Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering is the largest and oldest school of its kind in ireland and has, since 1956, produced more than 1400 graduates, who have gone on to play leading roles in industry and in business, throughout the world. The School's flagship degree programme in Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering is professionally accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) and Prof. Jonathan Seville, IChemE President, attended the 60th Anniversary, hosted by Head of School, Prof. Eoin Casey (Class of 1994), who also welcomed Prof. David Fitzpatrick, Principal, UCD College of Engineering & Architecture, as well as former Heads of School, Prof. Don MacElroy (Class of 1974), Prof. Geoffrey Hamer and Prof. Jim Walsh. PJ Rudden, President, UCD Engineering Graduates' Association and former President, Engineers Ireland, was also in attendance.
For Friday night's event, there were representatives from classes spanning the years 1957 to 2016, with graduates travelling from the US, Oman, Saudi Arabia, the Philippines and all over Europe and Ireland. The MC for the evening was Pat Kenny (Class of 1969). The highlight of the event was the presentation of awards for Outstanding Contribution to Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering to Prof. John Kelly and Paddy O'Flynn (both Class of 1957).
The School gratefully acknowledges the support of the event sponsors: APC, BMS, Callaghan Engineering, Jacobs, MSD, Pfizer, CPL, CRH, GetReskilled, Lilly and PM Group.
Prof. Eoin Casey, Head of School & Prof. Jonathan Seville, President, Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
Pat Kenny (Class of 1969)
Prof. John Kelly (Class of 1957)
Paddy O'Flynn (Class of 1957)
L-R: Evan Carr (Class of 2013), Andrea Doherty (Class of 2014), Dermot McConnell (Class of 2014), Aislinn Coghlan (Class of 2014) & Sean Doyle (Class of 2013)
Prof. Don MacElroy (Class of 1974), Former Head of School, Assoc. Prof. Patricia Kieran (Class of 1985), Prof. Eoin Casey (Class of 1994), Head of School.