- Celebrating 60 Years of UCD Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering
- PSE Model-Based Innovation Prize 2016
- UCD Spin-Out Company, APC, named Irish Pharma Company of the Year
- Student Awards 2016
- IChemE All-Ireland Sports Day 2016
- European Biotech SME award
- UCD EGA Distinguished Graduate Award
- U21 Summer School 2016
- Congratulations to Chem and Bioprocess Engineering Class of 2016
- Oxymem Founders win NovaUCD Innovation Award
- KTI 2015
- Dow invests in OxyMem’s wastewater treatment technology
- APC Ltd Announces 100 Jobs and Opens New Research Facility in Dublin
- U21 Undergraduate Research Conference: People and Places
- Eli Lilly IChemE Sponsorship
Celebrating 60 Years of UCD Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering
Thursday, 24 November, 2016
On Friday November 18, 400 UCD graduates and friends returned to the O'Reilly Hall, to celebrate 60 years of UCD Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering. The UCD School of Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering is the largest and oldest school of its kind in ireland and has, since 1956, produced more than 1400 graduates, who have gone on to play leading roles in industry and in business, throughout the world. The School's flagship degree programme in Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering is professionally accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) and Prof. Jonathan Seville, IChemE President, attended the 60th Anniversary, hosted by Head of School, Prof. Eoin Casey (Class of 1994), who also welcomed Prof. David Fitzpatrick, Principal, UCD College of Engineering & Architecture, as well as former Heads of School, Prof. Don MacElroy (Class of 1974), Prof. Geoffrey Hamer and Prof. Jim Walsh. PJ Rudden, President, UCD Engineering Graduates' Association and former President, Engineers Ireland, was also in attendance.
For Friday night's event, there were representatives from classes spanning the years 1957 to 2016, with graduates travelling from the US, Oman, Saudi Arabia, the Philippines and all over Europe and Ireland. The MC for the evening was Pat Kenny (Class of 1969). The highlight of the event was the presentation of awards for Outstanding Contribution to Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering to Prof. John Kelly and Paddy O'Flynn (both Class of 1957).
The School gratefully acknowledges the support of the event sponsors: APC, BMS, Callaghan Engineering, Jacobs, MSD, Pfizer, CPL, CRH, GetReskilled, Lilly and PM Group.
Prof. Eoin Casey, Head of School & Prof. Jonathan Seville, President, Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
Pat Kenny (Class of 1969)
Prof. John Kelly (Class of 1957)
Paddy O'Flynn (Class of 1957)
L-R: Evan Carr (Class of 2013), Andrea Doherty (Class of 2014), Dermot McConnell (Class of 2014), Aislinn Coghlan (Class of 2014) & Sean Doyle (Class of 2013)
Prof. Don MacElroy (Class of 1974), Former Head of School, Assoc. Prof. Patricia Kieran (Class of 1985), Prof. Eoin Casey (Class of 1994), Head of School.