IChemE All-Ireland Sports Day 2016
- Celebrating 60 Years of UCD Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering
- PSE Model-Based Innovation Prize 2016
- UCD Spin-Out Company, APC, named Irish Pharma Company of the Year
- Student Awards 2016
- IChemE All-Ireland Sports Day 2016
- European Biotech SME award
- UCD EGA Distinguished Graduate Award
- U21 Summer School 2016
- Congratulations to Chem and Bioprocess Engineering Class of 2016
- Oxymem Founders win NovaUCD Innovation Award
- KTI 2015
- Dow invests in OxyMem’s wastewater treatment technology
- APC Ltd Announces 100 Jobs and Opens New Research Facility in Dublin
- U21 Undergraduate Research Conference: People and Places
- Eli Lilly IChemE Sponsorship
UCD Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering students (in white t-shirts), at the 2016 IChemE All-Ireland Sports Day at QUB.
On Friday October 7, a team of 20 UCD Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering students, led by UCD ChemEng Soc Auditor, Deirdre Belton and Stage 3 Class Representative, Aoife Conlon, travelled to Belfast, to represent UCD in the IChemE All-Ireland Sports' Day, at Queen's University Belfast. This is the 2nd such annual event, bringing together Chemical Engineering undergraduate students from all third-level institutions in Ireland - north and south of the border. It's an opportunity for students to network with their peers from other Chemical Engineering Schools/Departments, and also with representatives of the companies generously sponsoring the event: MSD and AbbVie.
As with the inaugural event at UL in 2015, this year's IChemE All-Ireland Sports' Day was a huge success! The QUB hosts had organised a very varied schedule, with sports ranging from basketball and soccer to the surprisingly competitive egg-&-spoon race! The UCD team, including students from Stages 2-4, performed most impressively, narrowly missing out on the winning trophy to UCC!
The UCD ChemEng Soc gratefully acknowledges the event sponsors, MSD and AbbVie and also the UCD School of Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering for supporting travel to the event. Both thanks and congratulations are extended to the QUB hosts.