- Celebrating 60 Years of UCD Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering
- PSE Model-Based Innovation Prize 2016
- UCD Spin-Out Company, APC, named Irish Pharma Company of the Year
- Student Awards 2016
- IChemE All-Ireland Sports Day 2016
- European Biotech SME award
- UCD EGA Distinguished Graduate Award
- U21 Summer School 2016
- Congratulations to Chem and Bioprocess Engineering Class of 2016
- Oxymem Founders win NovaUCD Innovation Award
- KTI 2015
- Dow invests in OxyMem’s wastewater treatment technology
- APC Ltd Announces 100 Jobs and Opens New Research Facility in Dublin
- U21 Undergraduate Research Conference: People and Places
- Eli Lilly IChemE Sponsorship
PSE Model-Based Innovation Prize 2016 : Runner-Up - Dr. Ioscani Jimenez Del Val
Wednesday, 2 November, 2016
Figure 2. Model development strategy (reproduced with permission from Wiley-VCH, GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim).
Dr. Ioscani Jimenez Del Val and co-workers from the Technical University of Denmark and Symphogen, Denmark, have been announced as Runners-Up in the PSE Model-Based Innovation Prize 2016, based on their work
del Val IJ, Fan Y, and Weilguny D (2016) Dynamics of immature mAb glycoform secretion during CHO cell culture: An integrated modelling framework. Biotechnology Journal 11(5): 610-23.
PSE Innovation Prizes are awarded ?annually to the best published papers, on work employing gPROMS simulation tools in innovative ways, or in novel areas of applications. The work by Dr. Jimenez Del Val and co-workers presented and experimentally validated a novel model describing the dynamics of monoclonal antibody (mAb) glycosylation in cell culture. In announcing the award, the adjudicators described the work as "A novel integrated and validated modelling platform that links dynamic variations in monoclonal antibodies glycosylation with cellular secretory capacity."