- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Inclusion
- NUI Honorary Conferring of Mohamad Al-Rubeai
- MacElroy Energy Research Bursary 2022
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Diversity
- Prof Niall English receives ERC Advanced Grant to optimise nanobubble technology for diverse end applications
- SCBE Seminar Day
- SCBE Christmas Party
- Best oral presentation at the special edition of Euromembrane2022
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Equality
- Unprecedented success for UCD in ERC Advanced Grant 2021 competition
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Unconscious Bias
- UCD Engineers Among NovaUCD’s 2022 Innovation Awardees
- The first annual SCBE Seminar Day
- Serendipity Swings Doors of Opportunity Open Wide for Nanobubble Generator Developers
- Gas Hydrates – a Potential New Fuel Source or a Cause of Mass Extinctions
- Springer publishes book to mark retirement of Emeritus Professor Mohamed Al-Rubeai
- 2020 News Archive
- 2019 News Archive
- 2018 News Archive
- 2017 News Archive
- 2016 News Archive
UCD Spin-Out Company, APC, named Irish Pharma Company of the Year - SME 2016
Friday, 21 October, 2016
Dublin, Ireland, 13 October 2016, APC Ltd, a University College Dublin (UCD) Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering spin-out company, has won the prestigious Pharma Industry Awards 2016 ‘Pharma Company of the Year – SME’.
This is the second time APC has won this award, having previously been a recipient in 2014. The Pharma Industry Awards is the premier awards ceremony for recognising and celebrating the most original and innovative individuals and companies, demonstrating excellence in the Irish Pharma sector. The awards event was held in the Ballsbridge Hotel, Dublin with an attendance of over 400 pharma leaders from Pharma & BioPharma Multinationals, National Pharma SMEs and Pharma Research Institutions.
APC Ltd partners with the global bio/pharma sector to accelerate the delivery of quality, life-changing medicines to patients. APC delivers on this mission through integration of fundamental bio/process engineering principles, innovative technology and scientific expertise to deliver key information & data for optimised manufacturing process design.
Mark Barrett, CEO, APC Ltd said, “APC is delighted to have won the Pharma Company of the Year award again.The judging panel were very impressed by APC’s growth, innovative technologies and global market reach. This award is testament to the excellence of the whole APC team and I am extremely proud that they have been recognised in this important national platform.”
APC Ltd was spun-out from the UCD School of Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering in 2011 by co-founders Prof Brian Glennon and Dr Mark Barrett to bring the process engineering expertise and know-how developed as part of their research to the wider pharmaceutical industry. APC has made a strong commitment to re-investment into the company and its innovation roadmap. In February 2016 they launched their 6,000 m2 world-class facility in Cherrywood Science and Technology Park, Dublin with state-of-the-art laboratories and workspaces tailored to their technology requirements.
For further information about APC go to approcess.com.