- PolliNation Takes Top Spot at Sustainability LaunchPad Awards 2017
- 2017 NUI Awards names two UCD Engineering Students
- Irish startup raises £1.3m bringing digestive food tracker to market
- Professor Anding Zhu received an Investigator Award
- Maintaining the balance of power – through engineering
- Engineering a smarter treatment for Parkinson’s disease
- Smart science to power the Internet of Things
- Annual Teaching Awards BBQ
- Analog Devices Ireland Scholarship Presentations
- Stimulating the brain to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Irish Academy of Engineering Parsons Medal Winner
- Science Foundation Ireland funding
- Prof. Sheridan elected a fellow of the Optical Society
- Prof. Thomas Brazil elected President of the IEEE MTT
Analog Devices Ireland Scholarship Presentations
Monday, 13 March, 2017
On March 9th Mike Keaveney of Analog Devices Ireland and an Engineering Director & Analog Devices Fellow, gave a talk entitled “Electronic Engineering – The Key to an Exciting Career” as arranged by UCD's Electronic and Electrical Engineering Society. Mike was accompanied by Rachel King of the HR department at ADI.
Following the talk Mike presented three scholarship awards, each valued at €2,000 to the following students:
•Oisin Moran (3rd Year Student continuing to the ME Electronic & Computer Engineering,
based on academic record, chosen after interview of the top 3 students by ADI)
•Viet Nguyan (4th Year Student in the ME Electronic & Computer Engineering programme, based
on academic record, chosen after interview of the top 3 students by ADI).
•Gerard Murphy (student coming first place in the ME Electronic & Computer Engineering
programme in 2016).
The School congratulates all the winners and thanks Analog Devices Ireland for their
continued sponsorship of these generous scholarship awards.