2017 News Archive
- PolliNation Takes Top Spot at Sustainability LaunchPad Awards 2017
- 2017 NUI Awards names two UCD Engineering Students
- Irish startup raises £1.3m bringing digestive food tracker to market
- Professor Anding Zhu received an Investigator Award
- Maintaining the balance of power – through engineering
- Engineering a smarter treatment for Parkinson’s disease
- Smart science to power the Internet of Things
- Annual Teaching Awards BBQ
- Analog Devices Ireland Scholarship Presentations
- Stimulating the brain to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Irish Academy of Engineering Parsons Medal Winner
- Science Foundation Ireland funding
- Prof. Sheridan elected a fellow of the Optical Society
- Prof. Thomas Brazil elected President of the IEEE MTT
Annual Teaching Awards BBQ
Wednesday, 21 June, 2017
On 15 June the annual Teaching Awards BBQ took place outside Belfield House where awards were given to the best teaching assistants and lecturers in both schools for semester 2 2016/17 (as voted by students).
The event is an opportunity to recognise outstanding contribution to the teaching activity in the school.
The School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering was represented by Dr. Terence O'Donnell who won in the Best Lecturer category, the Best Teaching Assistant award went to Daniela Donati.
Runners up for best teaching assistant award went to John Fleming and Vibhutesh Kumar Singh.
Pictured: John Fleming receives his runner up prize from Associate Professor Andrew Keane Head of School