2017 News Archive
- PolliNation Takes Top Spot at Sustainability LaunchPad Awards 2017
- 2017 NUI Awards names two UCD Engineering Students
- Irish startup raises £1.3m bringing digestive food tracker to market
- Professor Anding Zhu received an Investigator Award
- Maintaining the balance of power – through engineering
- Engineering a smarter treatment for Parkinson’s disease
- Smart science to power the Internet of Things
- Annual Teaching Awards BBQ
- Analog Devices Ireland Scholarship Presentations
- Stimulating the brain to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Irish Academy of Engineering Parsons Medal Winner
- Science Foundation Ireland funding
- Prof. Sheridan elected a fellow of the Optical Society
- Prof. Thomas Brazil elected President of the IEEE MTT
Prof. John Sheridan has been elected a fellow of the Optical Society of America
Wednesday, 26 October, 2016
Pictured: (L-R) Dr John Healy (UCD), Kevin O’Flannagain (ME UCD), Cillian Cooke (ME UCD), Prof John T. Sheridan (UCD), Prof Yasuo Tomita (University of Electro-Communications), Rae’d Mallalah (PhD UCD), Wan Min (PhD BJUT), Derek Cassidy (BT & PhD UCD), Inbarasan Muniraj (PhD UCD)
Prof. John Sheridan has been elected a fellow of the Optical Society of America (OSA) on October 19, 2016.
Founded in 1916, The Optical Society (OSA) is the leading professional association in optics and photonics, home to accomplished science, engineering, and business leaders from all over the world.
John is already a fellow of the US based Optical Engineering Society (SPIE). This is a tremendous achievement for Prof. Sheridan and another extremely important milestone for the School.