There are a wide variety of opportunities to gain a Masters or PhD qualification by research. Enquiries should be made to individual supervisors, in your area of interest, about the research projects currently available.
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Engineering with Business
- Master of Engineering in Energy Systems
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Materials Science & Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering
- MEngSc in Engineering Management
- MEngSc in Materials Science & Engineering
Application Procedure for Research Postgraduate Degrees (MEngSc and PhD)
Please see the Current Opportunities below where all of the schools research opportunities are listed.
When you come across a project in which you are interested please contact the supervisor and discuss with him/her what the project entails, your background, funding etc.
If you both decide to pursue the application please apply online here.
If you are overseas or it is difficult for you to contact the supervisor, simply fill in the application form. If you have any questions please contact Oran O'Rua on +353 1 716 1787 or (opens in a new window)firstname.lastname@example.org
The style of supervision provided depends upon the type of project and the individual student.
It generally involves daily to weekly informal meetings with the research supervisor, together with the requirement for the student to write periodic progress reports.
Academic supervisors and technical staff are always willing to provide support and guidance should students encounter any difficulties in their research.
- Development of a lung metastasis-on-a-chip model for osteosarcoma as a biomimetic testing platform for drug discovery and therapeutic innovation.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Studentship for PhD students at CÚRAM
- Computational Modelling of Additive Manufacturing with Metals
- (opens in a new window)Expressions of Interest for PhD positions in I-Form, the SFI Research Centre for Advanced Manufacturing
- (opens in a new window)Understanding the Behaviour of Additively Manufactured Materials for Biomedical Applications
- Fully funded PhD Opportunity Development of a patient specific osteosarcoma-on-a-chip device for drug discovery and therapeutic innovation.
- PhD – Engineering design of a 6U Gamma-Ray Burst detecting CubeSat
- Fully-Funded PhD Position: Sex Specific Biomechanics of Traumatic Brain Injury