Under National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012 to 2016, we are prohibited in allowing anyone to undertake relevant work or activities on behalf of the organisation unless we have received a vetting disclosure from the National Vetting Bureau in respect of that person.
UCD Registry - Admissions is responsible for managing the vetting process with respect to students.
UCD HR is reponsible for any staff vetting which may be required.
The following groups of students are currently vetted.
- Those taking one of the UCD programmes or modules which require vetting.
- Those participating in UCD Volunteers Overseas.
What are the roles and responsibilities for the vetting procedure?
How do I get my programme added to the list?
Introducing a vetting requirement requires UPB approval using PDARF 7
What information is available to help me manage this?
Reports are available on the Admissions and Recruitment tab in InfoHub. These reports are available only to UCD staff working in one of the relevant programme areas. To request access, please email email@example.com with your personnel number, stating your reason for needing access.
What other information is available?
- Full regulations are included in the UCD Student Garda Vetting Policy
- You may also find student vetting page useful
- The National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012
- Information about "spent" convictions