SPIRe staff and research centres are pursuing and publishing cutting-edge scholarly research on a wide variety of topics, many of which are directly relevant to the analytical needs of government and voluntary organisations at the national, European and international levels. The School's substantive and methodological strengths reflect the multi-disciplinary character of its staff.
Much of SPIRe's research activity is associated with the initiatives of the School's four research centres, all of which have strong national and international networks:
- UCD Centre for Asia-Pacific Research
- UCD Centre for Democracy Research
- UCD Centre for Peace and Conflict Research (CPCR) - formerly Institute for British-Irish Studies
- (opens in a new window)UCD Centre for Sustainable Development Studies
- UCD Connected_Politics Lab
- UCD Dublin European Institute
- (opens in a new window)UCD Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
All members of SPIRe's academic staff are involved in individual and collaborative research projects in a variety of fields. For details on projects and publications, consult the staff's personal pages.
SPIRe also hosts an interdisciplinary seminar series during the academic year.