Page updated 24 October 2022
Pre-Interview research ideas
Learning more about UCD before your interview will ensure that both you and the interviewer will get the most from the process. Below are some ideas to help with your pre-interview research.
- Research the School or Unit by visiting their website.
- Read over the UCD strategy.
- Learn about UCD's governance structures.
- Read some of our policies in the Governance Library.
- See who the key stakeholders are in UCD and how the university is structured at a high level.
- Get an overview of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in UCD.
- Explore employee-focused engagement activities to get a sense of our culture.
- Learn about Research at UCD, read case studies and view the research and innovation strategy.
- Find out how UCD supports onling learning and performance management.
- Be sure you can clearly articulate why you want this role and what you can bring to the university.
- Think about the interviewers concerns. What are current issues affecting their School, unit or UCD more generally?
- Search for recent news about UCD
- Learn about issues affecting the 3rd level sector
- Think about national or international events that might affect UCD
- Prepare for common interview questions.
- Practice your answers.