- Government Supported Places Announced
- Professor Da-Wen Sun Publishes Paper in Internationally Most Prestigious Journal (Impact Factor: 42.846)
- A Milestone — Professor Da-Wen Sun’s H-Index (Web of Science) Reaches 100
- Empowering the Full Potential of Image Data
- Fulbright Irish Awards: Nine UCD scholars selected for coveted transatlantic prize
- UCD researcher co-leads €4.5m project to use cold plasma to treat Orthopaedic infection
ProvEye: Empowering the full potential of Image Data
Monday, 10 August, 2020
From left: Prof Nick Holden and Dr Jerome O'Connell. Image: ProvEye
This week Silicon Republic featured ProvEye as their Start-up of the Week, a start-up that has developed technology that removes noise from image data to create actionable management decisions in agriculture and other industries.
ProvEye is a University College Dublin (UCD) spin-out that was co-founded by Dr Jerome O’Connell & Prof Nick Holden of the UCD School of Biosystems & Food Engineering.
The duo have developed an intellectual property (IP) aimed at drone manufacturers, farm machinery manufacturers, agri-input providers, agricultural enterprises and data aggregators. ProvEye’s technology removes noise from image data, making it easier to understand and derive insights.
Speaking to Siliconrepublic.com, O’Connell said: “Our secret is we can reduce noise, without reducing image quality and sensitivity. That is key.”