- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Inclusion
- NUI Honorary Conferring of Mohamad Al-Rubeai
- MacElroy Energy Research Bursary 2022
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Diversity
- Prof Niall English receives ERC Advanced Grant to optimise nanobubble technology for diverse end applications
- SCBE Seminar Day
- SCBE Christmas Party
- Best oral presentation at the special edition of Euromembrane2022
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Equality
- Unprecedented success for UCD in ERC Advanced Grant 2021 competition
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Unconscious Bias
- UCD Engineers Among NovaUCD’s 2022 Innovation Awardees
- The first annual SCBE Seminar Day
- Serendipity Swings Doors of Opportunity Open Wide for Nanobubble Generator Developers
- Gas Hydrates – a Potential New Fuel Source or a Cause of Mass Extinctions
- Springer publishes book to mark retirement of Emeritus Professor Mohamed Al-Rubeai
- 2020 News Archive
- 2019 News Archive
- 2018 News Archive
- 2017 News Archive
- 2016 News Archive
ISPE Annual Seminar
Friday, 31 August, 2018
UCD Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering students, (L-R)Itzcoatl Gomez Aquino (PhD student), Ronaldo Lukason (ME Intern, Lilly), Ronan Horgan (ME Intern, MSD) & Catherine Galvin (ME Intern, AbbVie) pictured at the ISPE Annual Meeting, Cork, April 2018.
The ISPE Ireland Affiliate held its 2018 Annual Meeting, including a National Seminar and Gala Dinner, in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Little Island, Cork, on April 26 2018.
The seminar on "Productivity & Innovation in Advanced Pharma Manufacturing - Latest Trends and Breakthrough Approaches" featured distinguished national and international speakers from operating and service companies addressing key emerging trends in the sector. Prof. Brian Glennon, UCD School of Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering and APC Senior Director and Co-Founder (with Dr. Mark Barrett), spoke on “Latest Development & Manufactruing Trends in Pharma”.
Three UCD students, Itzcoalt Gomez Aquino (a Year 2 PhD student, working with Dr. Ioscani Jimenez Del Val) and ME Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering students, Catherine Galvin (on ME Internship, Jan-Dec 2018, with AbbVie, Carrigtwohill) and Ronan Horgan (on ME Internship, Jan-Dec 2018, with MSD, Ballydine) attended the Seminar and Gala Dinner in receipt of ISPE Ireland Affiliate Student Bursaries, generously supported by Eli Lilly, Janssen and Jacobs Engineering.
The School gratefully acknowledges the support of the ISPE Ireland Affiliate, in particular, ISPE Ireland Affiliate President, Eamon Judge and the sponsoring organisations in facilitating UCD student attendance at this event.