UCD Civil Engineering has made major investments in recent years to modernise and improve its research capabilities.
The School of Civil Engineering is very active in research with nearly 60 PhD and research Masters students working in a great variety of areas. There are a number of research groups within the school which you can link directly to. Alternatively, there are many individual researchers working in a wide variety of areas. There is lots of information in these pages but, if you want to know more, go to the staff pages and look up the research interests of the individual staff members, or the list of Publications, available Facilities or participation in major Projects or organisation of Conferences / Seminars by the School.
Impact Case Studies
- Assessing the Internal Health of Earthworks for more Stable Infrastructure
- How much traffic can this bridge safely take? A breakthrough in quantifying traffic loading on big bridges
- Constructed wetlands: from waste to oasis
- New Perspectives on River Models
- Strategies to Keep the Taps Running, Whatever Happens
- Making Building on Sand a Realistic Option