A student’s week involves attending lectures, tutorials, participating in laboratory classes and undertaking project and design exercises both singly and in teams. Coursework is continually assessed but modules also include end of semester written examinations.
Study With Us
Civil Engineering deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment. It includes the design of bridges, buildings, roads and dams, and works relating to management of our water resources. The work of civil engineers is evident all around us and their contribution to society is huge. This work incorporates environmental protection; large-scale construction projects; ensuring the provision of safe drinking water; designing and implementing strategies for treating wastewater and pollutants; development of transport infrastructure; flood prevention; and the design of foundations for different ground conditions.
Skills for meeting these requirements are developed in UCD Civil Engineering, in core areas of structural design, water and environmental engineering, transport engineering and geotechnical (soil and foundation) engineering.
- (opens in a new window)BSc Civil Engineering
- (opens in a new window)BSc Structural Engineering with Architecture
- (opens in a new window)ME in Civil, Structural & Environmental Engineering
- (opens in a new window)MEngSc Structural Engineering
- (opens in a new window)MEngSc Water, Waste & Environmental Engineering