UCD Bike Day
- World Mental Health Day
- Workplace Wellbeing Day 2022
- Puck and chat
- UCD Bike Day
- Spring Into Summer
- Climb Lyons Hill
- Return to the workplace webinars 2022
- Five Plus Challenge
- Financial Wellbeing
- UCD Values
- UCD Awards page
- Engagement Policies
- Special Offers
- Children's colouring books
- Employee Clubs
- Ask the Vet 2021
- Better Together Challenge 2021
- Back to the campus 2021
- Workplace wellbeing day 2021
- Find Your Balance Webinars 2021
- Spring Nutrition Seminars 2021
- Step on it 2021
- UCD Challenge 2021
- Live fitness classes 2021
- Off Campus Engagement 2021
- Cybersafety for families (webinar and kids camp)
- Outdoor Fitness Classes 2020
- Workplace Wellbeing Day 2020
- Step Challenge 2020
- Women's Mini Marathon 2020
- RÁS UCD 2020
- Feelgood February 2020
- UCD Oskar's 2019
- Work / Life 2019
- Strictly UCD 2017
UCD Bike Day
Page updated 25 April 2022
Thursday, 21 April 2022, 11am - 3pm
Visit UCD Bike Day in the Quad (behind Student Centre) for special offers on bikes, electric bikes and accessories. Have a free bike health check and enter the competitions and fun games on the day.
UCD Bikes are one of Dublin’s longest established bike shops. Their UCD shop stocks a massive selection of new bikes, bicycle accessories and refurbished second-hand bikes. They also offer extensive bike repair and bike serving packages.
Call down to:
- View our range of mountain, hybrid, speed and second-hand bikes
- See the range of electric bikes on offer
- Get a FREE bicycle health check
- Enter our FREE draw to win a Citadinne Dutch style bike worth €350 (the draw will take place in the UCD Bikes shop in the first week of May).
The UCD Bikes Shop is located beside Belfield House.
Take the Smoothie Bike Challenge
Use the custom designed bicycles to create your own FREE delicious smoothie!
UCD Estate Services
Visit the Estate Services to learn more about cycling to and within campus with information on:
- New and upgraded cycling facilities on campus
- Find out locations for shower and changing areas on campus
- Learn how to access the secure cycle parking area at the Science Centre
- Learn the true value of a high quality bike lock by having a go at cutting a bad quality one with the bike security challenge!
- Drop down for a FREE set of spare bike lights and limited numbers of reflective armbands and drawstring bags courtesy of the Road Safety Authority
- Learn about the University Travel Pan and the targets for sustainable travel
Slow Bike Race
Try the Slow Bike Race with Bleeper! Fun event to see who can cycle the slowest.
Cycle Superstore is Ireland's largest bicycle store. 100% Irish owned and family run, Cycle Superstore has been in business for 40 years and is located on the Airton Rd, Tallaght. As well as stocking some of the world’s leading cycling brands like Cannondale, Giant, Cube, Look, Lapierre, Ridgeback, their store boasts the following features:
- Clothing Boutique
- Dedicated Ladies Department
- Independent Retul Certified Bike Fitter
- Ireland’s largest selection of e-bikes
- Outdoor Test Track Area
Visit UCD Bike to check out the latest range of bicycles and accessories and have the opportunity test ride the latest E-bikes. Enter a FREE draw to win one of two €250 Cycle Superstore gift cards (can be redeemed against the cost of a new or used bike).
Healthy UCD aims to create a culture supportive of healthy choices for students and staff at UCD and to raise awareness of individuals' capacity to improve their own health status. Cycling to campus is a great way to build exercise into your daily commute.
Call down to the stand to chat to the team and collect some Health UCD merchandise.
“1 minute speed/distance challenge”
Cycle to work scheme - UCD Employees
The Cycle to Work Scheme allows employees to purchase a bicycle and associated equipment, tax-free, up to the value of €1,250 and eBikes and associated equipment up to the value of €1,500. The aim of this national scheme is to encourage more employees to cycle to work. Below details on how the scheme operates and on how you can participate in the scheme. UCD HR is working in partnership with a company called TravelHub / Bike To Work Ltd. to administer the scheme.
Who is the scheme open to?
The scheme is open to all permanent, indefinite duration and fixed term employees.
The exemption from income tax in respect of benefit-in-kind can only be availed of once in any four-year period. The tax incentive works through a salary sacrifice arrangement whereby the University bears the full upfront cost of the bicycle/equipment and the employee pays back through salary deduction, normally over a 12-month or 52-week period or over the remainder of your contract if this is less than 12 months.
Find out more on the cycle to work page on the .
UCD Smarter Travel
Smarter Travel UCD aims to encourage more of the UCD community to travel to campus by sustainable modes. This pilot bike day aims to promote cycling as a sustainable form of travel. In collaboration with the UCD Smarter Travel Group, UCD Estate Services have undertaken considerable work to improve the facilities for cyclists on campus including, secure bike parking, commuting shower and locker facilities, public repair stands and increase in bicycle parking, with more developments planned. Find out more on the Estate Services cycling website.