News and Events
- Writing Lives in Europe Confernece, September 6-8
- Notes to Self by Emilie Pine Launched in the Workman's Club
- Applications invited from Irish writers for Writer's Fellowship in the School of English, Drama, Film and Creative Writing. Please click here for further details.
- Laureate for Irish Fiction, Sebastian Barry, coming to UCD
- MA in Anglo-Irish Literature Scholarships 2018-19
We are pleased to announce that two scholarships are available for students of the MA in Anglo-Irish Literature and Drama, constituting tuition bursaries of €3,000 and €1,000 euro. These competitive awards will be available from the academic year beginning September 2018. Applicants who wish to apply for the scholarships should submit a personal statement (1-2 pages) and a sample of written work (no more than 5,000 words) no later than 31 May 2018 to Professor Anne Fogarty at Anne.Fogarty@ucd.ie. Applicants must have previously applied for the MA programme and received an offer or provisional offer.
Bursaries are intended for the session immediately following the award and are tenable for one year.
- Announcement of Opening of Competition for 2018 UCD Maeve Binchy Travel Award. Click here for details on pdf.
- The School of English, Drama and Film, UCD is pleased to announce the continuation of the Gus Martin Memorial Postgraduate Scholarship in Anglo-Irish Literature and Drama. The scholarship will provide full tuition (international fee) to a graduate of a North American college/university to pursue the UCD MA in Anglo-Irish Literature and Drama, September 2018-August 2019. For further information, download this pdf. Closing date 14 May 2018.
- The School of English, Drama and Film, University College Dublin, is pleased to announce the continuation of the Maria Helena Kopschitz Scholarship to enable a Brazilian student to pursue the MA in Anglo-Irish Literature and Drama, University College Dublin. The scholarship honours the pioneering contribution to Irish studies in Brazil made by Professor Maria Helena Kopschitz. For further information, please download this pdf. Closing date is 30 April 2018.
- Congratulations to Ryan Murphy, graduate of the School of English, Drama, Film and Creative Writing, who is the 2017 winner of the UCD Maeve Binchy Travel Award. Ryan is pictured here with Gordon Snell, at the recent announcement.
- Congratulations to Anne Griffin, Creative Writing MA graduate for signing her first book deal for her debut novel, All That I Have Been!
- Congratulations to all the UCD 2017 University Teaching and Learning Awardees! Especial congratulations to the School of English Drama and Film awardees: Dr Paul Perry University Award for Teaching Excellence and Dr Fionnuala Dillane, University Award for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning, specifically for Leadership in Education.
- Congratulations to Dr. PJ Matthews whose Handbook of the Irish Revival, coedited with Declan Kiberd received the bronze award in the Reference category for this year's Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards.
- Apply for a Fellowship in Franco-Irish Studies in IT Tallacht
- Announcing the Ireland Chair of Poetry Travel Award to Maureen Boyle
- Music and Poetry at the UCD Festival, in the James Joyce Library 2 June 12:00-2:00pm
- Read Dr. Niamh Pattwell's new blog, "The Wycliffite Bibles in the Library of Trinity College Dublin" posted at Trinity Manuscripts.
- Ireland Chair of Poetry presents a lecture by Ireland Professor of Poetry Eiléan Ní Chuilleanáin on 26th April at 7:30pm
- Launch of the Centre for Gender, Feminisms & Sexualities 27th April 6:00-8:00pm
- The UCD James Joyce Research Centre, School of English, Drama and Film, in collaboration with the James Joyce Centre presents: Another Irregular Finnegans Wake-End
Applications invited from Irish writers for Writer's Fellowship