Institute of Criminology & Criminal Justice
UCD Institute of Criminology and Criminal Justice
Welcome to the UCD Institute of Criminology and Criminal Justice which is based in the UCD Sutherland School of Law. The Institute was established in the year 2000 and brings together a unique and critical mass of leading academics in the fields of criminology and criminal justice from across the university and beyond. Its primary objective is to undertake high-quality research on crime and criminal justice which contributes to the development of policy and practice and advances criminology as an academic discipline. Specifically, the Institute aims to:
- Facilitate engagement in a broad range of research activities, including conferences, seminars, research projects, and other research activities.
- Encourage inter-disciplinary networking and collaboration between members who are drawn from diverse Schools and disciplines including law, sociology, psychology, history, social justice, and computer science.
- Enable engagement between members and external stakeholders though engaging in impactful, policy-relevant research, hosting collaborative events, and participating in policy discussions about criminology and criminal justice matters.
- Enhance public and professional understanding of key ideas and debates by engaging with the media and participating in outreach events.
- Act as a single point of contact for anyone seeking to learn more about criminology and criminal justice at UCD.