- Ground-breaking SEMPRE Project kicks off
- Barry Brophy was featured in the Sunday Independent last weekend with an article on sports communication
- Irish Researchers Win Prestigious ICE Publishing Award
- Eco-friendly biological energy harvesting solutions from University College Dublin addresses real-time damage in water pipelines
- Three Case Studies from Engineering and Architecture runners-up in 2020 UCD Impact Competition
- European researchers collaborate to prevent risks to transport infrastructure
- MaREI Award
Assoc. Prof. Vikram Pakrashi and Dr. Basuraj Bhowmik recently won the Science Foundation Ireland MaREI Award 2020 on Research Excellence.
Assoc. Prof. Vikram Pakrashi and Dr. Basuraj Bhowmik recently won the Science Foundation Ireland MaREI (Energy, Climate, and Marine Research & Innovation) Award 2020 on Research Excellence. This award highlighted the contribution of the group in the field of Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) for built infrastructure systems. "Real-time implementation of SHM has been an important aspect for a long time and now we have been able to develop a robust framework around it", said Dr. Bhowmik. "This data-driven lifetime approach towards monitoring, integrating fundamental and complex physics of various systems is a potential game-changer", added Prof. Pakrashi.
The work was led by Dynamical Systems and Risk Laboratory, School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering and closely collaborated with the group of Prof. Budhaditya Hazra in Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati. "This award also demonstrates how active and strategic international collaboration can lead to demonstrative impact with excellence", added both award recipients.