The Ireland East Hospital Group
UCD is the academic partner for the Ireland East Hospital Group, the largest of the country's hospital groups. This group is made up of 12 hospitals:
- St. Vincent’s University Hospital
- Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
- Our Lady’s Hospital, Navan
- Regional Hospital Mullingar
- St. Luke’s General Hospital, Carlow/Kilkenny
- Wexford General Hospital
- St. Columcille’s Hospital, Loughlinstown
- St. Michael’s Hospital, Dun Laoghaire
- National Orthopaedic Hospital Cappagh
- National Maternity Hospital
- Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital
- National Rehabilitation Hospital
Within this wide range of clinical sites, our students advance their repertoire of knowledge and skills for research and practice in a variety of health service settings and contexts.
Read more about the Ireland East Hospital Group here.
Children’s Health Ireland (CHI)
The School maintains a strong relationship with Children’s Health Ireland (CHI). This is the group appointed to oversee the development of the new National Children’s Hospital as well as the management of its three existing Children’s Hospitals:
- Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin
- Temple Street, Children’s University Hospital
- National Children’s Hospital, Tallaght.
Knowledge and skills for professional paediatric nursing are designed and delivered with our health service partners. Those studying on the BSc Children’s and General programme will benefit from the School’s partnership and will have the opportunity to work in the new state-of-the-art National Children’s Hospital upon opening.
Read more about Children’s Health Ireland here.
Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Group
Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Group provides or funds a range of health, social care and education services for children, adolescents and adults in Ireland. Students participating in a programme of study in UCD School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Systems can be placed in a variety of psychiatric, intellectual disability and mental health community-based sites within Ireland, including Saint John of God Hospital.
Read more about Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Group here.
HSE Community Healthcare East
Community Healthcare East is one of nine Community Healthcare organisations which provides services to the communities in the geographical area of Dublin South East, Dun Laoghaire and Wicklow.
These services are delivered through the HSE and its funded agencies to people in local communities, as close as possible to people’s homes and include:
- Primary Care
- Older Persons
- Mental Health
- Health and Wellbeing