This page deals with stage one of the module design process: needs analysis.
In analysing what the need is, it may be useful to ask the following questions:
- What are the needs of students, employers, UCD, professional bodies, other stakeholders or society?
- What do you already know about these needs?
- What are your sources of data?
- What are your core beliefs and values about learning in higher education and your discipline?
- What are your own reflections?
- What stories spring to mind about these needs?
- How do these needs relate to current UCD, national and international policies?
- What further research do you want to do about these needs?
- What is happening internationally in this teaching area?
- Who else do you want to involve in your module design?