Core & Externally Funded Resourcing
This section outlines the new process for hiring a member of staff into a Core or Externally Funded Post using the NEW Online InfoHub PAF.
The process for Research Funded Resourcing is detailed in a different section. The process outlined below should be followed for all:
- New Posts
- Replacement Posts
- Contract Extensions
- Maternity & Other Leaves Cover
- Post Retirement Contracts
- All other posts and exceptions not covered by the above
How it works - Advertising a post
- Step 1: Vacant Post Identified.
- Step 2: Post should be assessed under the Post Approval Process Guidelines (UCD Intranet), giving due consideration to the type of post and other special considerations such as outlined through the Job Grading.
- Step 3: Complete the online Post Authosiation Form (PAF) in UCD InfoHub giving due regard to the correct approval process as per the the Post Approval Process Guidelines (UCD Intranet).
- Step 4: Create or update the Job Description.
- Step 5: Forward signed PAF (PDF version) and updated Job Description (Word version) and any other supporting documentation to UCD HR Resourcing. Please click on the link to find the contact details of the Resourcing Team: Resourcing Contact List.
- Step 6: The member of our Resourcing Team responsible for administrating the posts associated with your School/Unit will contact you in order to progress.
Relevant Policies - Resourcing Policies
- Recruitment and Selection Policy
- Secondment Policy
- Internal Mobility & Development Programme
- Job Grading for Administrative Posts Policy
- Job Grading and Evaluation of Roles Above SAO4 Policy
- Career Break Policy
Other Relevant Documents & Links
- Online Post Authosiation Form (PAF) in UCD InfoHub
- Field Definitions for Online PAF (UCD Intranet)
- Post Approval Process Guidelines (UCD Intranet)
- Advertising Exception Form
- Salary Exception Form
If you need to speak to a member of UCD HR Resourcing (Core Funded Resourcing posts only), please call us on + 353 (01) 716 4932.
Alternatively, please go to UCD HR Resourcing Contact List to visualise the contact details from all members of the UCD HR Resourcing: Resourcing Contact List