Work Permits

Any person coming to work in UCD from outside the EU requires authorisation to work legally in Ireland.  For hourly paid staff, it is the responsibility of the School/Unit to ensure paperwork is in order before work commences.

Regulations regarding employment permits are laid down by the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation and must be strictly adhered to.

Payment cannot and will not be made to any person who is not authorised to work in Ireland.

Entry Visa information: Visas for Ireland - Department of Foreign Affairs 

UK Citizens

UK citizens have the right to work in Ireland without an employment permit under the Common Travel Area.