Overtime is only paid to staff in exceptional circumstances, where it has been agreed in advance with the College Finance Manager or equivalent. It is the responsibility of the Head of School/Unit to ensure that this approval has been given before any overtime is carried out. Below you will find information on applying for Overtime and claiming payment in addition to the forms required to proceed.
This policy outlines the University’s approach to overtime and applies to any member of staff up to grade AO1A and equivalent.
Overtime is only paid to staff in exceptional circumstances, where it has been agreed in advance with the College Finance Officer or equivalent (i.e. prior to overtime being worked). Where there is an agreed requirement for additional work outside regular working hours, the norm is that time off in lieu is granted.
Learn about roles, responsibilities, rates and more in the Overtime Policy
Before making your claim
- Read the Overtime policy
- Seek approval for overtime. College Finance manager or equivalent must agree to overtime with School/Unit in advance of work taking place.
- Step 1: You need to complete the Overtime Claim Form
- Step 2: You need to get your claim form approved by your Head of School / Unit before submitting for payment.
- Step 3: You should submit your Overtime Claim Form to email@example.com for payment, in line with their monthly and weekly deadlines.
- Step 4: Your payment will be made on a monthly/weekly basis in arrears.
Contact the HR Helpdesk
The HR Helpdesk is the primary point of contact for all your employment-related queries. We are here to help you with any queries on employee benefits, terms & conditions and HR policies & procedures. If we can’t help you directly we will refer your query to a HR specialist area.
2nd Floor Roebuck Offices,
UCD Belfield Campus.