All monthly and weekly salaried and hourly paid employees in UCD are issued their payslip online via the Employee Self Service System (ESS). Hourly paid staff receive a paper based payslip for each period a claim is made. Below you can access the ESS page, learn where to go for more information and view a selection of frequently asked questions.
Accessing Employee Self Service
Details on how to access ESS system are available on the ESS page
Payslip features and terms
A detailed description of all the features and terms on your payslip is provided on the Payroll Office website.
The administration of weekly and monthly payroll is managed by the UCD Payroll Office, while the administration of the ESS system is managed by UCD HR.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
There are a number of benefits in changing to an online system. Providing payslip information online:
- Gives quick and easy access to historical information
- Allows for a more secure delivery of the payslip
- Delivers a more informative payslip (current rate of pay and current scale included)
- Has a positive environmental impact by reducing the amount of paper produced by the University
- The service is in use by a number of other organisations, including Enterprise Ireland, Department of Finance, and Department of Justice
UCD is legally required to provide employees with access to a Payslip and the facility to print this payslip if the employee so wishes. You can do this via Employee Self Service.
Yes, Banks and Financial Institutions will accept a print out of the online payslip as proof of payment.
Contact the HR Helpdesk
The HR Helpdesk is the primary point of contact for all your employment-related queries. We are here to help you with any queries on employee benefits, terms & conditions and HR policies & procedures. If we can’t help you directly we will refer your query to a HR specialist area.
2nd Floor Roebuck Offices,
UCD Belfield Campus.