Online Pension Self Service
Page updated 12 August 2022
Online pension records are now available to pension scheme members through the UCD Employee Self Service (ESS) system. The addition of this service further enhances the services already available via ESS which include Online Payslips, eRecruitment and Online Hourly Timesheets. For detailed information and support for logging into ESS please see the ESS home page.
This page has links to relevant information relevant to members’ online pension records including the UCD Pension Self Service User Guide, an overview of the key benefits and other important points to note. Should you have any queries regarding your online pension record please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The online pension record will provide you with:
- Freedom of access to view your pensionable salary and pensionable service which includes transfers in from previous pension schemes and notional service purchase
- A snapshot of your normal retirement benefits
- Your Pension Scheme Explanatory Booklet
- FAQs document
- Pensions Calculator
The Pensions Calculator allows you to model “what if” scenarios by selecting different retirement options, ages at retirement, changing work patterns or your predicted salary at retirement. These selections will feed into calculations of your pension, retirement gratuity and benefits payable to your dependants.
This service will provide you with real time pension calculations at the touch of a button. It will therefore not be necessary to issue hard copy annual pension benefit statements to all pension scheme members. The efficiencies derived from this service will generate significant cost savings for UCD and improve accuracy of pension information.
Hard copy pension statements will continue to be issued from the Pensions Office for actual retirements, Family Law cases and final statements on leaving UCD.
Points to note:
- Members with less than 2 years’ service may not be entitled to a pension or gratuity but rather a refund of pension contributions. The Pension & Gratuity figures will appear as "zero" in your pension record. Pension contribution deductions are shown on your payslip.
- As Added Years are not guaranteed they will not appear on your online record. Added Years may be granted at retirement date, at the discretion of the Minister for Education & Skills and the Minister for Finance, in respect of special qualifications or previous non-pensionable service prior to joining the University. For additional information on Added Years please visit the relevant page.
- The Calculator allows you to view the effect of you changing your working patterns on your potential Pension Benefits. It also allows you to model salary or career progression and its impact on your pension benefits.
- In calculating pension benefits for a part time member of staff, the pensionable service is reduced pro rata to the full time equivalent but the full-time equivalent salary is used.
- Members can update their personal details through their ESS profile, including their Dependant and Next of Kin information. Please visit the "Update my Details" page for a step-by-step guide on how to update your personal details via your ESS profile.