Supporting Students with a Disability
For information on supports provided to students with a disability please refer to:
- Classroom Accommodations For Students With a Disability
- Exam Accommodations for Students With a Disability
Instructions for UCD staff on how to view the list of students requiring supports
Information on the academic and exam supports required by individual students with a disability are available on Infohub Classlists. All module co-ordinators have access to this information.
Follow these steps to view the report:
- Login to UCD Connect
- Under applications click on Infohub
- Click on My Class Lists. The number of students with a disability will appear in the “Students with Disability” column.
- Click on the digit to see the list of students with a disability and their classroom and exam accommodations.
Students with a disability may use their exam supports for any timed exams. For official end of semester exams this support is arranged by UCD Assessment; however, for locally arranged exams supports must be organised by the module coordiantor. Students are instructed to request their supports as far in advance as possible to allow time for module coordiantors to organise these. If you are organising an online exam through Brightspace you may find this guide useful: Adding Extra Time in Brightspace
Students with a disability who are registered with UCD Access & Lifelong Learning may require Reasonable Accommodations on placement. Please see our Placement Planning Guidelines for Students with Disabilities
UCD Access & Lifelong Learning has prepared a selection of fact sheets for staff on how to support students with particular disabilities in college. Click on the links to download fact sheets on each of the following disabilities:
- ADHD Fact Sheet
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder Fact Sheet
- Blind or Vision Impaired Fact Sheet
- Dyscalculia Fact Sheet
- Dyslexia Fact Sheet
- Dyspraxia and DCD Fact Sheet
- Deaf or Hard of Hearing Fact Sheet
- Mental Health Difficulties Fact Sheet
- Physical Disabilities Fact Sheet
- Significant Ongoing Illnesses Fact Sheet
- Stammer Fact Sheet
UCD Access and Lifelong learning can also provide training on request for small staff groups or faculty member - simply email email@example.com to arrange this.