- DIGITAL MATTERS: Research Lecture Series 3
- Donaghy + Dimond Architects
- Environmental modelling provides solutions for greener cities
- DIGITAL MATTERS: Research Lecture Series 2
- How can we make cities better places to live, asks new UCD centre
- The Inchicore Model School: a 21st-century design on education
- DIGITAL MATTERS: Research Lecture Series 1
- Professor Shane O’Toole named as RIBA International Fellow 2018
- Eco-Plan: Upping the game for green spaces in urban planning
- Two UCD academics receive a 2017-2018 Fulbright Irish Award
- Grafton Architects receive Architecture award
- Royal Irish Academy elects UCD academics
- Planning Futures
- Two UCD Architecture Students to Attend U21 Summer School
- Le:Notre Institute international student competition
- iSCAPE - Improving the Smart Control of Air Pollution in Europe
- Consultation Event on the National Planning Framework
- Handcrafted Brutalism
- New Economic Framework to Boost Innovation
- RIAI Honours Dr Ellen Rowley and Shane O’Toole
- UCD Architecture played host to Bijoy Jain from Studio Mumbai
- Grafton Architects chosen to curate Venice Architecture Biennale
Venice Architecture Biennale to be curated by UCD adjunct professors
Friday, 20 January, 2017
The Board of La Biennale di Venezia appointed Yvonne Farrell and Shelley McNamara of Grafton Architects as curators of the 16th International Architecture Exhibition in 2018.
Farrell and McNamara are both University College Dublin graduates and adjunct professors in UCD School of Architecture. They will build on the 2016 theme that offered a critical overview of architecture as a means of improving society.
The Venice Biennale is an art exhibition that was founded in 1895 and is the longest running biennale in the world. The architecture exhibition will run from May to November 2018.
Grafton Architects won the 2016 Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) International Prize for its design of the Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnologia (UTEC) in Lima, Peru.
Pictured (l-r): Shelley McNamara and Yvonne Farrell, founders of Grafton Architects
Farrell and McNamara have previously served as jury members for several architectural awards. These include the RIBA Stirling Prize in 2008, the Mies Van Der Rohe Prize in 2011 and the RIBA Award in 2012.
The pair held the Kenzo Tange chair at Harvard Graduate School of Design in 2010 and Louis Kahn chair at Yale in 2011. They are Fellows of the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland and International Honorary Fellows of RIBA.
By: Jonny Baxter, digital journalist, UCD University Relations