- To achieve the UCD Advantage Award you need to demonstrate engagement across all four of the Award themes.
- Personal and Professional Development
- UCD and the Wider Community
- Cultural Engagement
- Health & Well-being
- You must have engaged in a minimum of 2 co-curricular activities, of which only one can be external to UCD.
- Once you have registered via SISWeb and attended the mandatory induction, all you need to do is tell us about your activities. Most importantly, we need you to reflect on what you have learned and how you have developed as a result of your engagement. The online system will guide you through this.
- For each activity you need to nominate a referee who will verify that you did what you say you did.
- You have one calendar year from the day you register for the award to submit your application. You can, however, include co-curricular activities completed at any stage during your time at UCD.
- A Careers Network reviewer will look at your application, come back to you if they have any queries and, once everything is in order, let you know that your application has been successful! You will be invited to receive your Advantage Award certificate an annual celebration event and the award will appear on your UCD Diploma Supplement.
- You can sign up for UCD Advantage any time throughout the year.
- You have one full calendar year from your date of registration to submit your award application.
- However, if you are a final year student you must submit your UCD Advantage application by Friday April 10th 2020. This is to ensure we can include your achievement on your UCD Diploma Supplement.
Terms & conditions
- Students can use only one external activity in their application (an activity with no connection to UCD).
- Students cannot use activities for which they have received or will receive academic credit (e.g. academic internship, academic modules, Erasmus/Study Abroad etc.).
- You must be a registered UCD student to register for/achieve the UCD Advantage Award. This award is not open to UCD Alumni.
- Students must attend a mandatory induction prior to beginning their award application.
- You must provide details of a referee for each activity entered. They will be contacted to verify the information that you have provided.
I think the award encouraged me to actively think about my activities in UCD, and the skills I'd learned, and helped me to articulate responses to questions about them.
Click to find Support for