Agilent 6546 Quadrupole Time-Of-Flight MS System
This system is equipped with an Agilent 1260 Infinity Prime II LC system capable of delivering pressures of 800 Bar.
The Agilent 6546 is a latest-generation Q-ToF system and is the first of its kind to be delivered in Ireland. The technologies incorporated in this system afford the capability to simultaneously obtain high speed, high resolution, and wide dynamic range without data quality sacrifices.
Building on previous generations of source development, ion rail technological improvements and iterative software advancements, with the 6546 we can obtain:
- Confidence in identification, with exceptionally low false positives/ negatives
- The ability to detect more compounds in a single analysis
- Stability in response over many samples
- Software to rapidly turn MS data into reliable answers
- The ability to handle large quantities of data simultaneously
It is expected that this system shall facilitate the delivery of contemporary techniques in the HRAM (high-resolution accurate mass) analysis of a range of species ranging from small to intermediate sized molecules of synthetic and biological origin.
For further details on the capabilities of this instrument please see the following link:
(opens in a new window)https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/brochures/brochure-6546-q-tof-5994-0686en-agilent.pdf
Agilent Single-Quadrupole LCMSD-XT
This system is a nominal mass single quadrupole mass spectrometer with fast polarity switching and an extended range capability. It is primarily intended for walkup nominal mass analysis and quantitative projects where single-ion monitoring is appropriate.
This system is equipped with an Agilent 1260 HPLC system capable of up to 600 Bar with a dedicated 100-position autosampler and addition wavelength detection and fraction collector.
For further information please see:
(opens in a new window)https://www.agilent.com/en/product/liquid-chromatography-mass-spectrometry-lc-ms/lc-ms-instruments/single-quadrupole-lc-ms/lc-msd-xt
Bruker 'autoflex maX' MALDI system with MALDI Imaging Platform
The Bruker AutoFlex MAX system is an advanced MALDI (Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionisation) TOF/TOF platform with advanced laser and ion optic subsystems and Bruker's state-of-the art vacuum technologies.
The AutoFlex Max platform is noted for:
- Simplicity: The autoflex maX series takes advantage of the straightforwardness of MALDI-TOF for LC-free mass spectrometry. The analytical needs of quality control and target characterization of biopharmaceuticals, glycans, and polymers can be readily addressed.
- Speed: With a laser repetition rate up to 2 kHz, higher throughput workflows including product integrity screening or thin layer chromatography coupled to MALDI are rapidly executed, and molecular imaging studies – from tissue slices to plants and beyond – can be made within practical laboratory timeframes.
The system is suitable for samples of synthetic and biological origin including proteins, oligosaccharides, polymers, organometallics and other species.
For further information see the following link:
(opens in a new window)https://www.bruker.com/content/bruker/int/en/products-and-solutions/mass-spectrometry/maldi-tof/autoflex-max.html
The UCD system comes with a (opens in a new window)HTX Technologies TM-Sprayer for preparation of MALDI-Imaging samples, along with (opens in a new window)SCiLS Lab software for advanced data analysis and visualisation of MALDI Imaging data.
The MS lab also has a Waters/Micromass LCT High-resolution Accurate Mass system, a Waters/Micromass Quattro Micro QqQ system and a GCT Premier GC-MS system.