- Dr. Budi Zhao wins Early Career Award from Institute of Civil Engineers
- Dr. Budi Zhao wins 2022 Outstanding Article Award from Geotechnical Testing Journal
- UCD Transport Research Hub podcast launch
- Ripple became the 1st Irish project to receive a New European Bauhaus Award
- International Women in Engineering Day 2023
- iCRAG Impact Award 2023
- Dr. Jennifer Keenahan presents keynote at 18th OpenFOAM Workshop
- ‘Beautiful’ Irish town project shortlisted for prestigious EU prize
- Civil Engineering Awards 2023
- Transport Research Arena Conference 2024 - an introduction
- Assoc. Prof. Mike Long discusses soil characterisation in Ground Engineering
- UCD Student awards 2023
- Dr Sarah Cotterill is an award winner in UCD Research Impact Case Study Competition
- Winthrop Engineering Student Prizes
- College researchers recognised in UCD Research Impact Competition
- Dr Amiya Pandit wins the Thomas Mitchell medal of excellence
- Asia Matters Business Awards 2022
- Congratulations to Robert Corbally - TRA Visions Young Researcher Competition award winner
- Award for Dr. Jennifer Keenahan from the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- 2022 CERAI Lifetime Achievement Award - Prof. Eugene O'Brien
- Dr. Muhammad Arslan Khan from the School of Civil Engineering (UCD) receiving the Broberg Medal
- Academic Advising in Civil Engineering: Design and Evaluation of a Hybrid Model
- CWRR researcher Dr. Sarah Cotterill wins NovaUCD Award
- Making Building on Sand a Realistic Option
- Strategies to Keep the Taps Running, Whatever Happens
- 2022 News Archive
- 2021 News Archive
- 2020 News Archive
- 2019 News Archive
- 2018 News Archive
- 2017 News Archive
Centenary Celebration - Civil, Electrical & Electronic and Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Friday, 22 March, 2019
UCD College of Engineering and Architecture are delighted to announce the centenary celebration of the UCD Schools of Civil, Electrical and Electronic and Mechanical and Materials Engineering. Since 1919, over 7,500 engineering graduates from these three Schools have gone on to play leading roles in industry, business, academia and society.
We are marking this historic occasion by holding a black-tie gala dinner in O'Reilly Hall on Friday, October 18.
We want our alumni to gather together to celebrate this historic occasion with their classmates and friends. This promises to be a night of celebration, reconnection and nostalgia and we look forward to welcoming you back to UCD!
We are also delighted to announce that UCD Mechanical Engineering graduate and award-winning DJ Tom Dunne will be our MC on the evening. Tom has worked as a broadcaster with some of the biggest radio stations in Ireland, including Newstalk, Today FM and 98FM, as well as working as a presenter on RTÉ.
All proceeds will be used to provide support for engineering students who are struggling financially in UCD and to ensure a greater diversity of students in the Schools.
With thanks to our Platinum sponsor - the exclusive, headline sponsor for the Centenary Dinner:
With thanks to our Silver sponsors: