UCD College of Engineering & Architecture has six Research Themes the bring together and represents the range of multidisciplinary research activities undertaken within its’ 6 constituent Schools.
- Energy: Energy Systems; Energy & Environment; Agricultural & Environmental Technologies; Biosystems Analysis & Modelling; Resource Efficiency in the Built Environment
- Manufacturing and Materials: Advanced Material Manufacturing; Materials & Manufacturing; Advanced Manufacturing; Nano/Micro Manufacturing Technology
- Health: Biomedical Engineering & Health; Biopharmaceutical & Pharmaceutical Engineering; Food & Bioprocess Engineering; Urban & Rural Place Making
- Internet of Things: Circuits & Systems; Communications & Signal Processing; Optical Engineering: Internet of Things; Engineering & Critical Infrastructure
- Environment: Environmental Modelling and Sensing; Biosystems Analysis & Modelling; Circular Economy; Water Resources; Environmental Processes & Policy; Urban & Rural Place Making
- Creativity & Design: Design, Culture, History & Heritage; Entrepreneurship, Design & Innovation
National Research Centres and large scale funded research programmes involving / representative of UCD College of Engineering & Architecture research thematic areas